Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year

     I have been very slow to make and follow my New Years resolutions.  I don't believe I ever made note of any last year as I had just had surgery 4 days prior to New Years.  I know I failed on the weight loss and fitness side which would have been on them.  From a horse stand point, getting Heidi farther under saddle and trotting- both of which I have done this past year- and this year has already started with a bang.  The rabbits did really well for me this past year and I've learned and the barn has grown very well- I know one of my resolutions was to get my first homegrown Grand Champion- I did, just haven't followed through with all the paperwork yet- I had 3 that could have been granded, with two of them being homebreds.  Despite the losses in the barn earlier in the year last year, I've rebounded much better.  Steels lagged a little and chocolates kind of came and went.  I'd really rather have steels in the barn than chocolates.  Chocolates sure are pretty but just not what the steels are.  I told myself I would see TR or Dustin preform live- that didn't work out either.  I did get bloodwork done and while that didn't turn out as expected but I'm working on that as well.  Last year got jumbled up.  This year- 2014- I turn 30 and I need to stay as organized as possible.  
     
    Anyway to farther for the New Years resolutions this year:

  • Get fit and get down to 200-220 pounds (this I can DO)
  • Get Heidi some training under saddle
  • Get myself more training english
  • Seeing as trotting Heidi undersaddle was one of last years and I have trotted her, trotting more consistently and even cantering her under saddle will be this years.
  • Get a new job- maybe not a better one as Nestle does pay well, but I want a life outside of work
  • Go and see Dustin play live, and TR if I can go both ways in one year.  
  • Find a man interested in Me, for me
  • As the Photo says, Love myself for who I am-mind, body, heart and soul.  
  • Get to as many Rabbit shows as possible- most of this will depend on travel plans and work schedule.  
  • Get Connie & Natalie Registered and Granded- to be my first two home grown Grand Champions(the last one that I could have granded last year was killed by Coyotes and not bred by me anyway).
     I have learned a lot more about being positive, still very pessimistic while I'm at work but when it comes to helping and supporting FB friends, family, and my non blood sisters I'm all for it as optimistic as possible.  I have stayed down a pant size- I'm in a size 20 now instead of 22 that I was from High School.  My end goals are to be around 175 pounds, and a size 18- smaller steps make it easier to obtain and I will continue to fight my way through and be the smart, fun, loving girl that I know I can be!    


No comments:

Post a Comment