Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Slow day physically

     Today the day was slow, and I mean SLOW.  I had to get up at 6:30am to leave for a doctor's appointment at St. Claires hospital.  It was Fine Needle Aspiration to pull some samples from the nodule on my thyroid.  It didn't really hurt, I was just too tired to really care!  Mom came down with me, I was quite surprised, she's not good at getting up and going early in the morning either.  Gave me someone to talk to so I wasn't yelling at the radio the whole way.  The drive down was not bad, the roads were fairly clear, the drive back was a bit more rough.  It's been a while since I've had to drive in the snow.  Tomorrow I plan to drive up and see Heidi though.  It's been over a week since I've seen her.  Seeing Bailey daily has been helping a LOT.  
     The snow was on top of EVERYTHING today.  4 to 5 inches total came down.  I had no other option but to put the 72" sheet over Bailey.  Took me a few minutes to finally get it on her, she was completely scared of it but she gave in eventually, her food was more pressing.  I've been faced with a hard choice and I'm still mulling over the pro's and con's of it. To keep Bailey or not to.  
     Pros:

  • Know she's in a good safe place, no need to scour through references
  • already know how to take care of a blind horse
  • field companion for when I bring Heidi home
  • possible driving mount in the future
  • She's smart and already learning my voice
     Cons:
  • She's more of a useless money pit instead of the useful(riding) money pit that Heidi is
  • She's young she could live for a long time
  • She could still make a wonderful kids lead line pony
  • have to bring in more Hay and buy grain again. 
  • My pasture is not big enough to support two horses dependably 
     At this point, I'm still leaning towards just keeping her.  Less hassle to deal with.  My mental state has been better with being able to see a horse each day.  It's not Heidi but Bailey's working so far.  I think I may passively look for a new home for her, Drifter will be up to my Aunt right now as to what she wants to do.  
     Looks like Dad found a new job, Masco Cabinets.  I plan to be applying there tomorrow on my way over to see Heidi.  On Friday of my 5 day weekend I plan to get my tooth pulled.  It needs to come out I know there's no way of fixing it.  If I get hired in at Masco as well I'll lose my insurance for a short period of time and I don't want to wait to fix it. $70 to pull a tooth and I'll have to do it.  Then I'll worry about setting up an appointment for a cleaning and evaluation of the rest of them.  
     And lastly a couple photos out in the snow today.  Way to cold to stay out for too long!
Bailey's Mash:



No comments:

Post a Comment