Sunday, January 19, 2014

Believe

     I do believe I did the right thing.  I knew Bailey followed Drifter around but Drifter pushed Bailey off the feed.  I know she'll be perfectly fine over there with Aunt Lisa as one of the few people left that I truly trust.   Now I can more concentrate on Bailey's recovery and not have to worry about Drifter eating everything.  Bit more focus.  I've focused down on some of the rabbits, I know where they're going.  It's time to cut and trim that herd just a little more, from here it's the hard part, there's many, not already on the sale row, that I just do not want to part with but I just need to bit the bullet and do so.  
     After Drifter left, Bailey paced a little bit(yes she's gaited!) I gave her another small scoop of feed and she settled down.  She hollered at a couple passing by horses.  Mom watched her for me while I was at work and she said she ate for a long while, then slept for a few hours and then was eating again when I got home.  
     Thank heavens we got out early, I was so tired, irritable and just down right mean.  The simple over tired and over worked way a lot of people get.  I like my sleep and only getting 5 to 6 hours of sleep a night because I'm working too long isn't going to work.  I've got new applications back in to Neogen, Alltech, Catalent and I've got a few more going into a few other places.  I'd absolutely LOVE to get into Alltech, they have so much to learn and just the direction I'd like to take my career in.  But so far they've failed to call me so I'm going to keep trying.  Eventually I'd like to move out, be able to afford a place of my own(rent a small house, maybe have a roomie) and afford to keep both horses, assuming I end up keeping Bailey, if not just Heidi, and not have too many worries or problems.  I'm still toying the idea of Brent Francis' place.  I'll toy with that mentally a little longer but I want to wait and see where I get a new job before I inquire for more information.  A few of these jobs that I'm applying to are in Morehead, I go that direction then I'll transfer my search for a boarding barn down there.  I still do love Tamarack.  Perry and Sandy are awesome and for the most part the other boarders are, can't say the same of a few of theirs dogs.  
     It's time to get up and get moving, still sore, still tired but Bailey needs to be fed, I have to get to Lexington to meet up with Catherine and then home to get my bunnies fed(Out of bunny food).  Somewhere in the middle, I'm stopping by Aunt Lisa's to get a couple bunnies butchered and see how Drifter settled in(though by my Uncle's blog, she settled in VERY nicely).  I'm picking up a pair of steels to add to my barn(gee right after I said something about cutting them down, the steel buck was NEEDED and the doe was too nice to pass up!).  I'll have another blog post tonight-hopefully.  General meeting tomorrow, Doc appointment on Tuesday and *maybe* if I feel like it I'll go to work after the doc appointment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment