Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Strengths

     I've gotten upset with myself again, back above 270 pounds.  Really?  Come on Heather, you can do better than this!  It's only 271 but still, I need to go the OTHER way not up, down.  I need to start doing something.  Today was great.  I ran around almost all day.  I stayed active, I took 2- 30 gallon trash bags full of feed bags mostly and some trash out of the barn today.  Next step will be to do that with my bedroom.  I've got so much crap in my room it really needs to come out.  I'm hoping to eventually get the one thing moved out of my room as soon as I measure the tote draws so I can find a wooden piece to put underneath them to keep them up off the heater vent.  
     My jaw has been hurting now for 3 days.  The prescription fluoride paste seems to do a good job, I brush with my normal toothpaste, rinse like normal and then brush with the fluoride and eat or drink nothing for an hour (Usually I go to bed anyway), my jaw still hurts but nothing I can't fall asleep to.  If it gets bad, I have Aleve next to the bed and that seems to help if it's bad.  1 more week to deal with the pain, then the root canal.  6 more weeks after that then the crown on top to put the tooth back to usable!  I can't wait.  As much as I cared to try and keep my teeth in good shape for the longest time, I failed miserably on that one.  Now with this many cavities cropping up, it'll be a couple at a time to get fixed, then braces to straighten out my teeth.  It'll be a costly, longer road but I'm going to do it.  I'd rather not lose any of my teeth and I'll do whatever it takes to keep my teeth together.  
     I failed to get over to Boonesboro to give them my resume to see if they need a Vet assistant.  I'm still working on a new cover letter to submit to Hagyard for vet assistant there.  I'll get to Boonesboro next Tuesday after my dentist appointment.  
     On a home animal front.  Dang Bailey's annoying.  She had this mini temper tantrum like a toddler.  I was in the barn tattooing bunnies and she kept screaming, pawing, pacing around the barn head butting the gates and the panel pieces.  She just wouldn't give up, and kept nudging me when I was heading up to the house to go soak her alfalfa.  I'm not a gaited horse person so I'll be looking for a good pet home for her.  The pawing needs to quit, she can't see what she's pawing and she'll rip up her leg on the cattle panels that go around the barn.  She's got to be feeling good, at least good enough to paw, pace and scream for food.  It's not like she's not being fed enough, she's getting LOTS of grain and plenty of extra hay, she just wants the grain.  I'm going to have to start cutting back her grain so she goes back to eating hay.  The hay is way more natural than the grain is for her body.  
     I have a couple more rabbits put up on the sale list.  Those few that are on the sale list, if the buck's don't sell in a reasonable amount of time, and a couple of the does, I'll put them in the freezer.  I've got three people right now that are trying to find transport for the two Chin dutch babies that I have available.  It's good to know they're highly wanted now.  I'm thinking of moving Belle and bringing in a new doe and I'll cross Eliot back to his daughter to hopefully improve ring pattern and body type.  I'll be moving a couple of my blues out as they replace themselves, keep a single offspring, and move the parents.  The Vance x Gwen litter will replace themselves hopefully.  Alura I'm still tossed up about to keep her as she's an excellent mother and her first litter was gorgeous.  She's not the best looking doe herself but if she'll constantly out produce herself then she would be good to keep.  Trinity, I think, despite the leg on her, she'll move out after her litter.  I'll keep a baby out of the litter.  I'd much rather as she's not the friendliest doe nor built the way I prefer.  
     Rolling on with life!  Time to get myself together.  As I go on with the year I will improve, I am making this a PROMISE to myself to do so.   

No comments:

Post a Comment