Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Me, Myself and I

     I am quite thrilled to see Heidi come up to me today.  I walked about 10 feet into the pasture and hollered for her and she came all the way to the gate for me!  Yeah, as I have to replace my rubber boots.  BOTH pair of my rubber boots have holes in the, both in the right foot too.  Dang, dang, dang!  Oh well.  I see why now most folks braid their horses tails in the winter.  Heidi's was frozen muddy ice on the ends today.  I put her Schneider blanket back on because it has leg straps and I wanted her to have the blanket come down a little farther around her belly.  The pink you can see from a ways away though!!  I'm going to bring the pink blanket home and get a couple new loops onto it and some new leg straps so that I can use it next winter for Heidi.  


     I still think as much as I do love Bailey I think I really need to work to find her a good home.  I really need to keep working on Heidi.  I need to spend more time with Heidi too.  I just want to go back up to her every day, I want to put her onto full board and just work on her!  I really do!   I wish I could win the lotto so I could work on her a LOT more and not worry about Nestle.  
     I guess, after tomorrow with Bailey hopefully getting her feet done I will start spreading word of mouth for a home for Bailey.  Once my tax return comes in I'll get Bailey her Rabies shot and a Coggin's pulled to help her get the chance at a good home, her adoption fee will cover some of the costs I've put out including her blanket.  I'd still love to keep her here but I'd rather keep Heidi at Tamarack as I'm so happy there.  I love my days up there, despite the cold, just talking to Sandy or when I'm alone, just letting Heidi out into the arena, locking us in there and just sitting with her.  I haven't even attempted to try anything like that with Bailey.  Bailey's more or less lucky I do love her, and the fact that I am gullible,  Heidi will always be my number 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment