Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happiness

     I may have found a good place to mentally be but I really need this winter to go AWAY.  Just a mini rant off about the weather.  I know the groundhog said 6 more weeks of winter.  To heck with a rodent that should be annihilated.  The weathermen, when I had checked the weather a couple days ago, had said that was the end of the bad weather.  Well apparently they don't know how to look and watch weather patterns, more ice and snow last night.  Bailey's blanket got put back on her, had I known it was going to do this I'd have left Heidi's sheet up there with her instead of in my truck and asked the guys or Sandy to put it on her before the crap came in.  Poor Heidi.  Another month and a half, give or take, I should be bringing her home.  No stress and worry about going all the way over there to go see her, she'll be here with me.  Granted no arena to ride in or anything, but she'll have a shed to be in, in the summer sun.  I'll have Haygard do her teeth before she comes home, so that'll be less of a worry there too.  I'll have to pay for gas and have Aunt Lisa/Uncle Jim/Dad trailer her home but it won't be until the grass has really gotten a good foot hold in the pasture.  It has to come up under Bailey.  Monday morning I have to call Haygard and set them up to come and do Heidi's teeth.  I'd rather those get done first over Bailey.  Though I can have Bath Co Vet come out one afternoon that mom is home to do Bailey.  She just needs her teeth, Rabies shot, Coggins pulled and a palpation/pregnancy check.  
     Thinking of Bailey, flip side Drifter, Nelson thinks she could potentially have lice.  While it explains some of the itchiness there's no real way of knowing but Nelson said the treatment won't hurt her if she doesn't have lice.  Next weekend will be so good all the way around.  I'll be picking up a medicated shampoo to bath Bailey with to help counter the rain rot, and Aunt Lisa said the lice treatment stuff there should be enough to do 2 horses, we'll do Bailey as well so between medicated baths, lice treatment we should get their skin cleared up and stop the itch in it's tracks!  I'm hopeful.  I've also got to start getting the stuff I need for the bottle calves set aside.  I haven't the faintest idea where the bottles are- I *think* they were dropped back off with Aunt Lisa when we brought Ben and Jerry over.  I've got electrolyte already, then the medicated milk and the regular milk replacer- those are the biggest two catches, ohh plus the calf starter feed.  The calf feed will have to wait until we actually get them here.  
     I have to get down to Liberty at some point as well as the spring comes in and before Heidi comes home.  I have to build a couple pens, similar to the ones they built for the llama's, for the girls so they can eat in peace.  I'll probably put them against the back of the barn so I can still hang the feeders right over the fence.  I'll have to at least build one, if not two.  I've got enough panels right now to pick up a gate and build one pen.  Eventually as I build a 'new' barn I can transfer them up to that and use them as stalls, this way what they have for a run in now can be used to store hay.  It'll mean a carport roof, then build some walls-in particular a kick wall- and then close in the half walls and make stalls out of it!  I know the basic principles now to just get it in action.  This way I can make it how I want it and it'll be easier for me in the long run.  At least that's the working theory!  
     I so badly do NOT want to go to work, I've been contemplating calling in, since last night at work.  I really don't want to go.  My paycheck would take a hit and this much I do know and right now, I don't want to take that kind of hit to my paycheck.  Must keep trudging on, I must go slave to the hot pockets.  I don't want to but I have to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment