Monday, February 3, 2014

Investing to my future

     I'm back to being tossed up about what to do with Bailey.  My head keeps telling me rehome her so you can stay more focused on Heidi.  I want to keep Heidi at Tamarack, I have still yet to find a new job that would allow me to put both together at Tamarack and keep both.  If I had a bigger pasture I wouldn't even think twice about building a small barn with two stalls for the girls and keeping them both, but I need a bigger pasture for that.  My pasture at present isn't exactly ideal for Heidi either as it's too wet here.  Nothing will separate me from Heidi though, I won't give up on her.  I don't want to give up on Bailey either though.   My heart says to keep her as a a pet.  Poor little girl has been through quite enough in her few short years, she needs to have a home with love and compassion.  I'm trying to think of my future as well, two horses make things way more difficult to do things, but so doesn't having all the rabbits.  So things can really go more than one way.  I'll need to start thinking about future plans for both in case something goes astray.  
     I'm building a little bit in the rabbits so as the time comes up I can cross out and move out.  As much as I do like the Wiley tort doe Della and the Gerhart tort buck Jayger I'll probably keep a baby out of that cross and move both of them on- same with my Open Fields tort doe Marie and the Buckeye Hollow farm tort buck Corbin.  I've brought in a couple of steels that will start and solidify the base of the steels.  I've decided to take the barn in more of that direction over the torts.  Steel, blue and chinchilla.  That's been solidified.  Chocolates have been ruled out and torts are thinning down.  After losing both of my tort Rachel's I've fought tooth and nail to get the loving desire for them to come back and it never has.    
     I was up, Super Bowl Sunday to see my princess.  It was cold and miserable outside so I brought her in, cleaned her up and put her in a stall with some hay and her mash to eat.  I sat in the corner of her stall on a five gallon bucket. 





     Heidi's acting like she's starving, she dove into the feed pan and the hay like she hadn't eaten in a week.  I knew she had been fed hay outside.  Perry gets a little heavy on the hay part at times.  I was glad to see she was calm and sedentary in the stall despite the donkeys in the next stall banging against the wall.  To me the stall is still a bit too small.  10 x 10 is my best guess.  Now I know she can still turn around in the stall as she did while I was in there in the corner.  After our Super Bowl party-which was almost a blow out Seahawks over Denver 42 -8.  I came home across some pretty ugly roads as the weather turned ugly. 
     This morning I found out it was mostly ice.  








     I did get to watch some of the Purina challenge show.  The Shelties and Border Collies kicked some ass.  I'm still waiting for the time to eventually get my own dog which goes back to Bailey as well.  If I keep Bailey I'll have to wait a LONG time to ever think about getting a dog.  I really miss having a dog that is actually MINE.  I am still set on a red merle Australian Shepard.  I'd like to try showing Rally or agility some day, doign that will most likely put showing horses on the back burner but Bailey wouldn't ever be shown anyway but Heidi I thought about english flat classes some day to maybe dressage.  Why oh why can't I win the lotto so I can actually get things going, but fighting to get things together is better, teaches you more along the way.  
     As for weight control.  I made it through so far the same weight since Jan 1st.  I've got a month less now to lose 30 pounds by August 29th.  I did weigh in this morning so Super Bowl party didn't kill me.  I was out running with Ayden today in the back yard and then sat out in the barn, thoroughly chilled clipping bunny nails.  Some of them made me cringe, I'm not usually this bad about clipping nails.  Speedle and a few of the others had some really LONG nails and that's not normal for me. I like well kept nails.  I've really been slacking on a LOT of things and it's not normal at all.  I think a vast majority of it has to do with Nestle.  Once I get Nestle in my past I'm hoping things will take a few turns towards the better.  I can't wait to get Nestle into my past.  Nestle has been just down right time consuming, stressful and filled with ignorance.  
     This five day, other than not over quite yet, has been interesting.  Ky and Rae drove down to spend the weekend with me.  I didn't get enough time with them at all.  Saw them some on Friday when we spent some time over with Heidi and we all rode her(as seen in the previous posts), then they got here for some supper on Saturday since I had to do hay with dad.  They ended up leaving early Sunday instead of Monday due to the inclement weather, so that cut a day off.  I hardly got to spend any time with them.  Breakfast Sunday morning didn't happen because of my thyroid medication.  I woke up about 5 minutes before they got here, took my pill and that gave me an hour before I could eat, they only had about an hour before they wanted to take off.  Well shit.  That ruined a bunch of things.  So not much ever happened.  We walked the dogs together Saturday night, well Ky and her puppy Eli and I took Ayden, Rae was in with Buster tucked up into her jacket still talking to Mom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment