Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Lots of updated changes!

     My mind is made up, Bailey will continue to live with me and I'll be doing vast barn improvements on the rabbits.  I'll be building new cages soon, spray coating the floor wires to keep them from rusting as fast.  I'm ready to kick this pig and get it going.  Get a good barn together with a small number of rabbits!  I'm thrilled, Alura kept 6 out of the 7 babies she had, she had one runt that passed away at a day or two old.  6 out of the 7 are showable- the runt was showable.  One has a split stop.  I'm thrilled to get such nice looking babies to raise up!  They're a week old today.  I was tickled to see that they had stayed warm through the last couple cold days.  It's warming up from here out that I can tell so far!  Awesomeness!
     I took Bailey's blanket off today, she's just so itchy I feel so bad.  I can't wait until my 5 day when it'll be up to the 60's.  I can give Bailey a good bath and get her clean.  I'll have to find my betadine and give her a good scrub so hopefully she won't be so dang itchy after that!  She's just been such a love bug lately that I can't help but keep her.  I don't think I'll ever find a good, SAFE, home for her.  She's just crawled into my life and I've given her love and compassion.  She's come into my life for a reason, same as Heidi did, for a reason.  Now to continue on this path and see where it goes.  I want to ride this roller coaster and see where I go!  
     Just in a very good mood right now!  I ended up spending more than I should have today on things I shouldn't have.  I wanted to just order a new power cord for my cordless clippers, ended up buying a new pet grooming kit at Walmart instead.  Same company but different charger cords.  Uhg, oh well but these cordless should work on Heidi too.  I'm going to cut Bailey a halter path tomorrow morning if she'll let me!  Let's see how well she handles being clipped. Then after I get done here, I'm going to see Heidi.  Get her trimmed back up, go for a ride, maybe get Sandy up again and bring her blankets home to get them washed when I can get to an unmanned laundromat.   I got Heidi's midweight came in the mail today, Fed Ex dropped it off right as we were sitting down for supper.  Heidi's midweight won't see her until NEXT winter, but her two sheets need to be washed, plus Bailey's.  It'll be good to finally get them all cleaned!
     I still have one dutch baby to name.  Steel doe baby from Natalie.  She's staying here with Iria, her mom- Natalie and her grandmother- Keisha.  I'm hoping that eventually one day I'll bring Penelope home, even if it's just to retire as she gets older and I'll keep all my favorites as pets.  I've had thoughts of still getting out of rabbits.  Maybe one day but it's not yet.  Just very happy and hyper right now!  Time to wind down, I'm still exhausted after working the last two days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment