Sunday, July 6, 2014

Most excellent Day!

     Today has actually been a most wonderful day.  I got to sit and talk to Allen for quite a while, it's so nice to actually be able to physically talk to someone that knows the way I think.  I used what part of the money that Lisa said she didn't want to do a few more chores today.  Boy did I wear myself out!  I went this morning and got a post and cement for my gate in the back(that dad hung almost a year ago), got some of the sprays we needed for the rose bushes and the fruit trees, round-up (I couldn't find the 24D) to spray down the fence line and most especially the wild rose bushes.  Sadly it was too breezy to start spraying, maybe tomorrow!   Then Allen and I took a bike ride into Preston.  I was partly thankful that the bike tire went flat on the ride home.  I got 4-4.5 miles- 3.5 into Preston and a half to full mile home before we saw it flat.  I had to call dad to come get me with my truck so I didn't ruin the rim.  I don't think I'd have made it back up the hill by the Amish farm.  Then Allen and I went up to Walmart and picked up new tires and tubes for the bike(both mine/dads and Jess' so Jess can start riding with me).  I got the new handle grips put on at least!
     Still a LOT of things I need/want to do tomorrow before I go back to Nestle.  Calling and hopefully visiting the Warmblood farm, going and visiting Aunt Lisa/Uncle Jim if he gets a few spare minutes to come out instead of working and go visit Heidi and give her a bath if nothing else!  Then get home with enough time to help dad replace the tires on the bikes and go for another ride.  It's good for me, kick start some weight loss and I quite enjoyed it. 
     After all our running around tonight Al and I just relaxed in the pool for a little while.  Or what Allen was calling a controlled puddle.  We got to talking, about cars and my rabbits.  Now I'm showered and relaxing on my bed.  I have plenty of thoughts running through my head and he made a few things even more clear to me.  I really don't do anything with my rabbits at all anymore.  I can't seem to sell anything, so why am I bothering?  Yes some I won't get rid of but I should bring my number down some more.  We talked about apartment living and what I could start to look for and everything.  
     Still have my thoughts on getting rid of almost all the rabbits and getting a dog.  Allen said there's no point in having all three really.  I really have no plans for Heidi or the rabbits anymore.  I have no ambition to get Heidi far enough trained to show her, I don't get out to rabbit shows except 3 or 4 a year.  And even those few shows I do get to aren't big shows and to this point, I don't do that well.  So I'm going to keep Heidi as a trail mount.  She's not thrilled with ring work and I'm slowly learning to trust myself and her out in the open for trail riding.  
     I am so wore out today now.  First time in a long time I'm physically wore out.  That bike ride took a lot more out of me than I had expected it to.  Then again I hadn't rode in over 3 years.  Time to hit the sack and get it over with now.  Lots to do tomorrow and certainly less time to do it in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment