Saturday, July 19, 2014

Choices

     Perry's given me a big choice that I can make.  I explained to him the reason why I was asking about bringing Misty home with Heidi so I could go back to school, but then he offered to do a half board, half work board.  I'm seriously considering it.  I love it at Tamarack.  It's so quiet, peaceful and I'm just happy there.  I'm kind of happy he's offered it.  I don't even mind continuing to work with his horses.  I ADORE Misty.  Mary's just Mary, same as TC, and Dublin.  I do like Bootsie so it shouldn't be too hard to work with one of them each time I'm there.  Misty's like a second horse for me anyway.  Misty always looks for me now when I come into the barn.  I think with enough time and once I get an Aussie for Heidi I'll be able to take her with me when we go for trail rides.  Tie Misty's lead to the horn and just go!  It's still an exciting prospect.  I'm looking to start saving up, buy a little car that does much better on gas so I can run to and from the barn easier and start working on getting some more college coarse's under me so I can hopefully get my Vet Tech certificate and get a better job so I can afford to do things again.  


     I had to look about my barn again.  I'm hoping to do a lot of work on the outside of the barn shortly.  I'm taking the pen behind the barn down, hopefully tomorrow.  Not sure yet what I'm going to do with those posts yet.  I'll have to dig them holes along the wire fence and take out a few of the metal stakes.  Thinking stakes, I did get the fence hole cut in the back of the pasture.  So now my 6 foot gate that dad hung for me over a year ago is now useable!  Allen and I planted the slam post over 4th of July and it's taken me a couple weeks to make it useable.  I'm slacking on many levels.  
     Over the next couple of weeks I have to work harder and get things paid off and caught back up.  I'm back to toying with a few ideas of loans to get a few things paid off, but right now I want to push and struggle!  I'd rather fight and keep it more manageable than to fall to seeking loans or something else.  I want to get everything paid off, it might mean working 5 days a week without fail but I can do it.  I may not like the idea, but I need to.  Especially if I get the Level 4, it'll be a higher pay grade.  It also means less time with Heidi, but get bills paid and caught up?  Hmm.  Well I will have to think on this some more.  The rabbits have to get cut back even farther.  

No comments:

Post a Comment