Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Thinking ahead

     Well these last three days of work, while stressful, long and boring I got to do a lot more thinking.  I've chosen to cut out all my blues and torts for dutch.  Hopefully Marcie does have a nice steel baby in that litter with David North's buck.  I palpated her and got nothing, but she's so fat it's hard to feel anything.  Shelly palpated positively so I do have at least a litter of torts coming.  The torts will all be for sale and any of my other Juniors that I have coming up soon out of the litter.  I can't keep going with them.  I really want to get a dog and try that instead of rabbits.  The rabbits haven't held anything for me for a while.
     The horses, I'm switching back to western.  I just don't much care for the english.  The more I push to learn the more frustrated I get.  I'm still going to keep my english saddle but I'm going to invest in a western and if Drifter is pregnant, I'll use her while she's nursing to just enjoy riding, pony the baby with us.  If she's not then she's sold, which could prove to be better.  And the days that are cool enough, once I get the meds in for Heidi, I'll do what I can to keep schooling her.  I may have to use Perry's western saddle for a while until I can get a draft treed western.  Then I'm going to try and set things up in the arena like gymkhana events and try to take her that way instead.  I'm hoping maybe the change in venue will be promising for her.  I've got to call the pharmacy tomorrow to have the prescription faxed to Bath Co Vet and then Joe will sign it and fax it back so I can order the antihistamine's for Heidi.  Joe said that if that doesn't work to let him know, he'll do a more thorough test to see what's going on with my big girl.  It only seems to happen while on pasture in the summer.
     A second horse, adding Drifter back might be counter intuitive but it might be needed to go back to enjoying horses again.  I'm going to have to save up a few hundred dollars and have her sent out for training.  Even if it is broke western.  I think running barrels would be fun again.  I can imagine having a fast little Creamello mare and a slow big black and white mare at a gymkhana.  Better than at an english show!  
     I went back to the docs today sicne the sinus pressure still hasn't let up, and she said my sinus' weren't inflammed so she has to doubling up on an allergy med (Clariton in the AM, Zyrtec in the PM) for one week, then drop back down to just Zyrtec and keep using the Flonase.  If the Flonase turns up more issues to call her and she'll call in a script for Nasonex.  She said Nasonex was way more expensive but it works better.  It could be worth the cost.  I'll see how this goes.  
     I'm still looking for a new job.  I'm ready to go back to Customer Service type of jobs.   Though I'm just starting to get comfortable where I am.  They raised our pay rate again, hoping to keep us there.  For now I'm staying and looking for the right job.  Hoping that I might eventually go back to school for my Vet tech.  I'm waiting and watching the local colleges.  

No comments:

Post a Comment