Thursday, June 26, 2014

Figuring it out.

     Well I've got to get myself to some much needed sleep here soon, I've been short on sleep all week so far.  I've been mentally struggling with actually going through with the loan or not.  Also on weather or not to call the lady back about the other boarding place.  I still love it at Tamarack.  It's such a nice place, but there's never anyone there to go riding with.  Today I simply drove straight past as I wasn't in the mood to deal with the other people being in the barn(Juan, Victor and the farrier) and feeling completely guilty since board hasn't been paid.  I want to see Heidi again, I really do.  Maybe next weekend when I'm up to see her on Sunday I'll try tacking her up and just using her halter and both of her lead ropes and try riding that way. See how she does.  Maybe bitless is the way to go with her.  She never seems to be comfortable with the bits I've been trying.  I don't want a crap load of bits that fit her but she hates- like that Myler.  I have 4 bits for Heidi, two are the same thing, that's the 6" loose ring.  I have the 5 1/2 D ring Myler and the 5 3/4 hollow mouth eggbutt as well.  
     The other boarding place is a family place.  Way less stress, possibly not forgiving about board as Perry is.  I may have to find a new farrier as well.  Sharpsburg is probably out of Micheal's zone.  It might be worth it still in the long run.  Especially if the place is cheaper and I already know it's closer by a bit.  Well I will be going out and checking it out over the shutdown.  Worst case scenario I stay at Tamarack and fight my way through to October and come October she goes back out to Pasture board.  Which will be a huge sigh of relief for me.  Half the costs. no more supplements, board is half costs.  Still lack someone to ride with, but at least there someone that can ride can come ride Mary or ChaCha.  
     Thinking to a much more positive note, today I helped Aunt Lisa move the last of Grandma's big furniture into her new apartment.  It was fun actually.  I enjoy a good days of good hard work.  Even if it only took a couple hours and it really wasn't that hard.  Feels good to get out and do something good again.  
     I'm hoping tomorrow I'll be able to get out and get a few other things done.  I have plenty of laundry to get done and I really need to get Heidi's grooming stuff washed, I have my towels and sheets to wash, my cloths at least as well.  I'm going to spend a good chunk of the morning doing all that stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment