Monday, June 9, 2014

Focus

     Today was a mental pick me up kind of day.  I needed to give myself a swift kick in the butt.  I'd heard a few of the girls at the barn sniggering about my size and the fact that I still ride.  I got bad self esteem to start with and this was a low blow for me.  I went for weeks without even thinking about riding.  Today, despite I'm waiting for her SmartPak suppliments to come in, I tacked her up anyway and went up for a ride.  I figured if someone wanted to say something I could always turn Heidi back around and go elsewhere.  
     My foot is throbbing something fierce, it's been doing so for over a week now.  I might have to actually go to the podiatrists again.  I quit using the Voltaren gel a long time ago and finally broke down and got a tube out and used it again tonight, after a thin coat of the Voltaren I put the Deep Blue rub into it and it's less painful.  I'll just keep up with Voltaren and Deep Blue and if it eventually settles down then I won't worry about it.  I don't need to pay him $50 to tell me he can't do anything with it.  
     Work is insane.  I'm still hanging in there, thankfully.  I even volunteered once this week since they're short handed at work.   The extra in the paycheck will be good.  
     I had a good ride on Heidi, then after helping dad unload the mulch had an okay one on Drifter.  I came off Drifter the first time.  She was nervous, and I wasn't seated too well.  Thank heavens she's close to the ground!  It didn't hurt, I went and collected her again and tried again.  This time we walked around a little bit.  She still needs to settle in some more.  Once she's settled and calm again she'll be fine.  She's a really strong mare and could do real good in a gymkhana!  
     Well must settle in for tonight since I have 3 straight days of work before another night off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment