Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Doing it!

     I'm working on it!  I had some of the dutch out today, got the barn cleaned up and even raked out.  It really looks pretty good in there right now!  Then I even sold two more rabbits today.  means I have 3 empty holes with only one more doe coming in.  As far as I can tell, Penelope is coming down.  It will be good to be down to just the steels.  Becky has her doe rebred for babies for me.  I should hopefully by then have the torts gone so I can open up the room for a gray or steel buck from her.  I do have two blue bucks though right now.  And in the mean time they're going to both stay until I can show them and then go from there.  I thought it was going to hurt to sell Trinity but surprisingly it didn't even bother me.  Becky's kids also fell in love with Drifter.  I put her halter on and tied the rope around and the two boys rode her around the pasture.  Yes without helmets but then we got the smaller girl up there and I finally got the older girl, who was terrified to get up there.  and they all loved her.  Becky and her hubby were very impressed with how good and quiet she was with everything.  Asked what I was looking for her, I told him $400 to get most of what was put into her back.  So after telling me that wasn't much for a good little mare like her, they said they were going to talk to a few people to see if they could find a place to put her.  So crossing fingers she gets to go home with a bunch of kids that absolutely love her.  Still going to call Michael and see if he can come trim Drifter this weekend though.  
     On the Heidi front, gas prices are too high, I didn't get to go over and see her today.  Sandy texted me and said she was healing up really well but put a little more stuff on it since it was still puffy.  I hope in a week or two to get at least some of her board paid off, I'm keeping track of what's been paid and what has not been.  I know I have one more week until I have to make sure I have the extra money in my account for Heidi's SmartPak's.  I might seriously bring her home.  It's costing way too much to keep her there.  I really want to keep her there, but the gas prices are just simply too high, plus the costs of keeping her there.  I'm hoping to go look at a place in Sharpsburg this weekend as well.  It's a small family place that doesn't have the riding ring or anything but has miles of trails.  I'm really hoping that Drifter goes, it'll be easier to keep up with just Heidi for now.    
     I know I had originally stopped looking for other jobs but after the last week I've had in that place I've gone back to searching and doing so with gusto.  It's time to get away from that place.  I'll be down to less than 15 rabbits, with no intentions of breeding any of my other does again until late this fall.  A few fall litters maybe and then nothing again until spring, if that.  Less than a week from now until the AC unit gets put in, I can't wait.  It's so stinking hot in my room.  I'm ready for some cooler weather.  Heidi should be healed up enough to ride this weekend, or at least I hope so!  

No comments:

Post a Comment