Sunday, June 29, 2014

Relaxing start into the Shutdown

     Today was the first day of my 9 days off to relax and get myself together.  It was nice to be able to relax.  I had a loose time frame today.  I spent a few hours up with Grandma and Nell.  Then some time with Heidi.  Had I not gotten soaked through a downpour, I would have stopped at Aunt Lisa's and relaxed even farther.  It's going to be weird not having Grandma and Nell there when I go over tomorrow.  
     Tomorrow will be the interesting day.  I get up in the morning to meet James at Lowes, with Uncle Jim's truck and the big 16 foot trailer.  Makes me nervous driving the bigger truck, but I know I can do it.  I drove the big U-Haul with a car on a dolly behind it, and this isn't that big.  Still makes me nervous.  I'm so afraid of making a mistake with the truck.  Then get home, drop the trailer and wait for mom to get home, then when mom gets home I'll take the truck back over since they need the truck the next morning.  Then I'll pick up dad's truck and eventually head over to see Heidi.  Give her a good grooming again and I'll probably bring some of her stuff home. I'm going to bring her home at the end of July.  Tuesday or Wednesday I'll go up to Sharpsburg to visit that other boarding place.  The visit might get put off for a little while but to either extent I will get out to visit this other place.  Heidi will come home for a few months to save both on the costs of keeping her and the cost of the gas it takes to go and see her.  I can't see paying that much extra to keep her there, to do that I have to work the OT and then I don't have the time to go see her.  At least here at home, I save the gas, I can still ride her more, I know she'll be getting her supplements-which she has missed at least one day- She and Drifter can share that pasture quite nicely.  Both girls are over weight and if their weight still holds high like it is currently, I'll have to put both mares into grazing muzzles.  Right now I need to get Drifter trimmed and vetted.  I've already sent a message to Michael to come trim, and now to pick up a grazing muzzle.  I do need to stop by TSC tomorrow.  First time in a while I've been into Tractor Supply.  I have rabbit floor wires to replace as well a couple days.  I'm going to hopefully set the vet up to come out next Monday, the 7th.  
     I'm going to offer to join Aunt Lisa on a couple of her transport trips if she wants and they aren't too early too.  I know she's getting another foster.  Man, do I wish I could get my own dog.  Though I still want my red merle Aussie.  My heart's set on one.  Hopefully soon, hopefully.   

No comments:

Post a Comment