Monday, March 3, 2014

No work, random ramble


     I had some more deep thoughts today, as I was cracking yet more ice out of rabbit water dishes.  I snuggled my keeper Chin doe, Hermione, into my Carhartt vest, and I was attempting to do pictures of her daddy to show interested parties in Hermione's sisters. She just stayed tucked in up in my vest while I messed with Eliot.  I'm definitely staying with the Chinchilla Dutch.  
     I'm cutting my tort herd back to a trio, and even cutting my blues back.  I told myself, when it comes to the blues, I was going to either sell Alura or sell Trinity.  Alura was the bigger, better mom, Trinity was better at showing.  Both does are bred to Harold, but I have a buyer for Harold & Alura as a pair.  So looks like I'll be keeping an Alura x Harold baby and Trinity.  Marcie and a Gwen x Vance baby will round out my blues.
     The torts, I'm looking to keep a Faith x Corbin baby, a Shelly x Jayger baby and the new buck coming in.  While Shelly is probably one of the prettiest does I've ever produced for torts, torts just do not hold appeal to me anymore.  
     As for Steels, I have Iria, Raven, Natalie, Neil and Connie should throw steels but she's a black.  All my steels, except Connie and possibly Neil and Iria are blue carriers.  I have to work the courage up to ask Rachel if I can trade or buy back Penelope as I know she's a blue carrier.  She was my Rafik baby that I had wanted to keep.  This way I'm mainly Steel, Chinchilla and Blue since all three colors can work together.  If I go into a 4th color again, it'll be grays since Grays need the ring pattern like the Chinchilla's.  I used to hate ring pattern but after getting some really nice ring on my Chinchilla's I'd rather not give it up!  I might do a few cross colors to help improve body, ring and color-which is where the blue comes in!  
     I don't know why I can't just ask her straight out, it would be so much easier.  I don't know if she'd even understand why but I do miss Rafik badly and want to cross his bloodlines back into my blues,  Maybe the courage will come tomorrow.  I will attempt it.  Tommorrow(later today?) after my dentist appointment I'll have a lot of things to do, then two more days off.  Thursday I'll probably go to Winchester talk to Boonesboro and go see Heidi again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment