Monday, March 17, 2014

Big Mouth

     I have to say it, I should have just kept my mouth shut.  I was just cruising through Craigslist, like I always do and I saw an ad for 'two saddle horses' http://lexington.craigslist.org/grd/4379626618.html  and one is about as thin as Drifter was when she got here, the other like Bailey.



 
"I have for sale two horses i inherited a herd from a family member and i already have three of my own i do not need them or need the extra expience. I know both horses if any questions. I will take a 100 dollars a piece for them. Both saddle have great temperments. The choc could be in foal by a saddle strawberry roan the black one is a retired show horse but needs wieght on her badly she will fill out quikly and just because shes old means nothing she has no trot nopacing in her both are easy to catch. I need them gone by tjis weekend because the land there on will be sold and i have no room for them here at my place that is why they are cheap. Thanks call anytime (phone number omitted)"
     It's disgusting.  They actually THINK someone would pay for skinny horses?  Really?  Come on how stupid can people really be.  Like I had told Lisa when she dropped Drifter and Bailey off, I wasn't going to pay for them.  Paying for their rehab was more than enough.  I wonder where these poor things are going to end up.  For one I don't want/need another horse, for another, no trailer, and lastly, I wouldn't pay for a horse that was skinny unless it was something I REALLY wanted and wanted to put the rehab time/effort and care into.  What is wrong with the world today, where people can do this to an animal and flip it for a quick buck.  What happens if they don't sell them, they just going to leave them there to starve to death?  Makes me wish I would play and win the lotto to start up my own rescue farm and take these poor things in to live out their lives in peace.  Bailey with the black older mare and even the chocolate one too, just let them have a nice pasture, with a run in and hay/feed and be happy horses.  I don't know if I can do that.  
     At least Bailey's happy.  She's content, she'd love some company but even if the black mare was local to me, I wouldn't pay for her except transport.  But the trip to Berea isn't worth it.  

     I made the mistake of being flustered and stating it on AFGAFH and pissed off someone else.  I really at times just need to keep my mouth shut, I'm not good at venting and saying what I mean, just saying what comes to mind.  I don't know if she's ever had to deal with these idiots when she lived here.  There's a distinct difference in the intelligence levels with what area's people are from.  Plus the gaited horse community isn't as good as the TB or even the hunter/jumper communities.  Completely different communities or maybe it's just my clouded tunnel vision.  Maybe I am just being cynical, mean and rude.  I'm naturally this way. 
 I guess people just don't understand my way of thinking, I'm insensitive, I'm ME.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment