Sunday, March 9, 2014

Courage

     I had the guts today, after getting up 'late' because of daylight savings, to clean out the rabbit side of the barn.  I was glad to do it, it seriously needed it.  I took several cages out of the barn, because I don't want the temptation to put rabbits in them.  The barn looks kind of empty now!  But that's okay.  Let it look empty, then I have the room to build my new cages and get rid of the old cages.  Keep with a conscious this time!  
     I did a count today, 24 adults, 5 babies.  I have the one empty cage for Penelope still, though it's unsure if she'll come down or not.  I don't even know what I'm going to do.  Even with all the time I spent working on the barn today- I still didn't get it all done!  I still have yet to strip the run in.  SO much to do, so little time!  I might head to bed early tonight to see what I can get stripped and cleaned tomorrow.  I just need to do something.  Anything at this point is better than nothing.   
     I did pull Raven out and look at her again too and found out Raven pulled a tooth.  It had grown crazy long so I cut her bottom teeth all the way back to her gums.  Hopefully this time it can grow out normally.  I'll check her again in a week and see how her teeth look!
     But the best part of today was the fact that Bailey looks AWESOME.  9 weeks into her rehab and she's done a complete 360.  She's just a darling little pony, I think she's as big as Jazz or almost!  She's got good substance to her legs, now that I got closer look at her.  She's a good stout little girl.  

     I didn't have enough time to go visit Heidi today, sadly.  I just lost too much time cleaning rabbit cages.  But I can say that I DID post an ad up on Craigslist to try and find a closer boarding barn.  An hour drive each way is NOT working out at all.  I know the days are getting longer but the drive back and forth is murder.  I love Tamarack and if I could win the lotto I would buy a mini farm closer to Tamarack and move closer to Heidi.  
     I still can't believe that even with all the places I've put my resume into I haven't gotten a single phone call.  I'm just to a point that I can't keep track of everything.   It does make me want to give up.  At least I am eventually going to be out of the Dough room, I got my sauce room job bid.  Hopefully I won't last too much longer in the dough room.  I can't handle the 12 hour shifts.  I try to stay up on Sunday nights so I can make the 4 am Monday night/Tuesday morning of work.  4 Straight days this week and 5 days off.  I can't wait.  I'll do what I can every morning to keep pushing and getting the barn clean 

No comments:

Post a Comment