Sunday, March 16, 2014

Dreams continue

     Yesterday up with Heidi was AWESOME!  I was up, I rode Heidi and it was GREAT.  I pushed myself past my comfort zone.  Normally I only ride in the outdoor arena, and at max around the outside of the upper barn, which is right next to the outdoor anyway.  Yesterday, Heidi was ready to go, I went to the turn off for hte indoor and let her nibble some grass there, then back to the arena to let me get my wits about me.  Then after a couple laps around the arena, we went around the far side of the barn and out and up the road towards the indoor.  I finally took her out in the open.  I haven't done that in a LONG time.  I held her mouth firmly so she's probably a little sore today, but that's okay I won't be back up again until Tuesday to ride her.  I woke up today to sleet coming down.  I had thought and I was told that it wasn't going to come in until later today.  I had hoped to have gotten out a little bit and get some stuff done.  I did get out and get my extra saddle sold.  As much as I hated selling it, I needed the money.  Now I can afford to get March board paid.  I'm still keeping my extra bridle because I *LOVE* the browband on it and that I know I would get next to nothing for it and I did pay $60 for it second hand.   That I would rather hang onto.  Another saddle I can get, plus I'd get a dressage saddle if I did it over anyway.   I do know when I brought my half pad home I washed it with my jeans, on top of my jeans bleeding color it seems to have shrunk my half-pad slightly.  I'll have to order a new one.  I'm just double checking with Anita  to see how well they fit under a dressage saddle.  In case in the future I want to get a Wintec Wide Dressage saddle for her.




     Today was a bunny kinda day.  Does make me not want to get rid of them.  I was cuddling with Hermione, and Raven.  I was checking Raven's teeth, I've got them clipped back to her gums so I'm crossing my fingers that will help her re-grow them properly.  I keep kicking myself in the rear for not paying attention better.  I knew she was chewing on the cage wire. I should have stopped her sooner or something.  Hermione I'm taming down. I didn't get to play enough with her whole litter to make them super friendly.  I'll have to keep after her and keep working, but I'm super glad she's not aggressive.  She's really well marked and she climbs up on me as well.  Maybe Tuesday I'll put a couple cups in a carrier and take her with me to the barn to meet everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment