Sunday, May 4, 2014

Relaxing day

     While the work week has been long, and full of it's own trials and tribulations.   The only day off, Sunday, has come at last and I had way more to do than I had time to do.  I had to meet up with Farren for two bunnies and I had to meet up with Catherine Compton for two more.  Leaves me 2 more left to sell to be all the way down to where I want to be.  One of them is going to be a choice.  I'm either selling Marcie or selling Michelle.  This one I still have to work on.  But for the mean time it's all settling down.  Marcie can sit in Penelope's cage until I make a full choice.  Marti Dill might come up for Marcie, but Shelly's the one that's going to be hard to sell.  So by those means, I should sell Marcie and keep Shelly.  That would solve a lot of the problems.  Sold 4 rabbits today and one carrier.  I want to sell both big carriers and get a couple more smaller ones to make moving things easier.
     I stopped and saw Heidi on the way home, spent a few hours with her.  This Wednesday we'll be moving her down to the bottom barn.  I kind of can't wait.  Still haven't sold Allen's truck, I had a buyer at one point but he stopped communicating with me.  Hopefully by re-listing the truck again we can get it sold, though Billy's inquired about it as well.  Hopefully we can spread the word quick enough and get it sold.  I'm going to try to ring out the last half of board money out of my next paycheck too.
      Anyway, Heidi stayed fairly clean this time.  That's unusual for her.  I brought her inside and brushed her down real good, put her rope halter on and just let her out into the arena.  We just goofed off and then I put her in a stall to let her settle and relax.  I wanted to be able to listen to her one last time to see how calm she was in a stall.  I took my grooming bag down and groomed out Pixie, Cha-Cha and Cocoa.  Heidi stayed quiet, other than some playing in her water bucket.







     This is probably the best condition I've ever seen her in.  I'm hoping moving her Wednesday to the bottom barn out with the gray mares will be a good move for her.  It makes me nervous but I do know Chelsea down there and she said Una, Mary and Misty are all good laid back mares and her mare can be a bit spontaneous but is normally really good too.  It was nice, I'm not quite as nervous about putting Heidi out there.  We still worry about Fortune getting roughed up as she's just now getting healed up from her tendon injury and we worry about Heidi getting rough.  I doubt Heidi will, Heidi's too laid back for that.
     Now to get Allen's truck sold for him.  I'll see DJ tomorrow, I'll make a few flyers and see if DJ knows anyone too.  Hopefully this week at work goes by much nicer than last week did.  I can't wait to get back up to Heidi on Wednesday again.  Hopefully one of those Resume's I mailed out last week can crop me out something.  Right now just content.

No comments:

Post a Comment