Saturday, May 10, 2014

Small world Rabbits

     Today I skipped work and went to the rabbit show today, it taught me much more again as I got beat pretty good on the table, yet again.  I sold 2 more rabbits and I bred one doe to David North's buck.  I'll keep a baby, maybe, if she throws something decent and we'll butcher her.  I bred Shelly as well so I have two does bred at the same time for fostering if need be.  
     Neil has worked his way to the cull line up too.  Connie's litter was 5 mismarks, 4 of which were DOA's.  Keisha had 2 to Neil- both mismarks and DOA's.  And he doesn't show well to boot!  Kind of crappy but oh well.  I'm going to hope and pray that Iria turns me out a really nice little buck.  Iria's still a very nice doe none the less.  Now back to hunting for a nice steel buck.  I may go buckless for a while.  Neil's a friendly buck but not up to standards.  To go with as few as possible and still keep a decent show herd going I need to only keep the best of 'em.  The same thing with Achillies and Trinity, I'll use them next to breed out and pull an offspring.  I'll be going back through them over the week and keep working on a cull list.  
     I got home with plenty of time to get everyone tucked in at home, and to spend a few hours relaxing.  I'm fighting off my cold and getting ready to take some NyQuil and sleep good tonight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment