Saturday, May 17, 2014

Positive Thinking

     I quite enjoyed these last two days.  It's my last 5-day weekend.  Then I go to the 7 days a week schedule.  Even after talking to Sandy today for the time being this schedule *will* be better than the one I'm on currently.  No 4 days straight, the longest stretch I have is 3 days and that's the weekends that I work.  In the mean time it should be better.  I'm not as happy still but at least I'm on the good crew to work.  I have Ashley and Chris.  Chris still has to finish training me on line 8.  It's going to mean no more seeing James without one of us volunteering but I won't ever have to see Russel again either!  That's always a bonus.  Today really was a good day.  I didn't get enough done that I wanted to but I over slept by a LOT.  Haven't been sleeping as good for a few weeks now and I decided yesterday to take a trial.  The nasal spray I've been given to use to help with my sinus' smells like Marigolds to me.  So I had picked up a Marigold plant over Easter weekend.  Then I thought about it at work- mostly while the nurse was being spastic over the burn on my hand- I thought that the nasal spray I usually end up with a sinus infection shortly after using it.  So last night I took the Marigold out of my room.  Mom said it shouldn't have made a difference.  I don't know about that.  I slept solid last night, like 9.5 hours solid.  I hadn't expected it to work that way.  I had figured I still wouldn't have slept well and went to bed early.  I had to go pick up the sheep from Halsey's today.  I woke up 9:15 and about freaked out.  They're only open until noon and it's an hour each way plus I'd never been there before!  So I took off.  I was hungry by the time I got home so I had to open and try the bacon.  Oh it was yummy!  
     Then I went over to Aunt Lisa and Uncle Jim's.  I got to watch Molly deliver her last lamb, besides the one deformed baby that Lisa pulled.   A beautiful set of white with spots, girls.  I got to see all the others too, seems like too long ago that I last saw all them.  Seeing the babies is so adorable!  If it wasn't for the future plans to get into a place of my own, I'd buy a lamb for myself.  I'm not as big a fan of lamb meat though, they're just CUTE.  Well I'll have to make do with going over and visiting.  Some day I'd love to have a mini farm and raise my own babies for sale/meat.  Thinking, Aunt Lisa had stopped in her vet's office and saw a drop dead gorgeous Aussie.  They said their nephew had bred it so there's some locally bred.  Oh how I want a dog so badly.  My new work schedule is MUCH better but right now I'm not ready.  I still have a few more rabbits to sell but I need to dig down deeper and make some hard choices.  
     Thinking future.  DJ, McCandles, Ashley and Chris are all trying to get me to go out on a date with Eli next weekend- Memorial day weekend.  He's very seriously shy and I'm just over nervous about doing it.  I haven't dated in YEARS.  I don't know if I could do it.  I'll be mentally working on it this week during the week.  
     Tomorrow I'll be up giving Heidi a good ride.  She's been off for over 2 weeks.  After a good ride on my big girl, I'm going to go collect Tru and work on her a little bit and I'll put her in the arena and see what we can and can't do.  I won't push her just yet, but then I also want to give Spencer a little work on the lunge line.  I had intended to do it today but I had forgot about the Preakness today.  Go California Chrome!  California Chrome has the first two legs of the Triple Crown now!  Maybe he can end the drought and win the Belmont in 3 weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment