Thursday, April 11, 2013

What a week

     First part is work.  OMG I thought the first 2 or 3 days of this week would be bad, and BOY was I right, I just hadn't expected it to be THIS bad. Monday- we ran great, dropped early, was about to go out the door and "Oh we changed the schedule, you gotta make THIS prebatch instead now." Ended up staying late.  Tuesday- We had a changeover.  I've never done a changeover by myself before.  I knew what I had to do and THANKFULLY nothing went wrong for us-other than the waiting.  We had not even half a dough left in the dough hole and we stood there for hour and a half(Not even five minutes worth of mix in the screw as well) because processing decided to stop and do a safety meeting.  Though could have at least gotten all the dough and mix downstairs so we could have done our change-over.  Wednesday night- heaven help us, firs thing the valve to the water and oil line stuck open, even manually turning the water and oil off didn't stop it. Made a HUGE mess took a ton of down time cleaning that mess up.  Then we ran most of the rest of the night just fine.  11pm, the flour system quit- literally.  We couldn't get any flour so we stood there for 2 hours while they tried to fix it and eventually they gave up. Upon talking to a friend of mine  that works first shift line 8 packaging, they got sent home because 'it wouldn't be running anytime soon'.  So I HOPE they learned something about maintaining their equipment instead of doing something about it when it does break down. They won't of coarse cause there's no ONE in any kind of management job that has even the slightly sliver of a brain.
     On a wonderful good note- the grass does seem to still be growing despite it hasn't rained yet this week.  Severe storms are rolling through today and we've been informed by family that they are BAD.  Well good the ground does need water badly, and as soon as the horses finish off their round bale- which I am happy to say Phoenix is actually eating it-they'll be heading over to the big pasture for grass and I'll start dragging and seeding my field!  Phoenix still will pace the fence, he's being a butt head to Heidi over the their supper(which they'll soon not be getting, once they go out to the other pasture that'll be the end of their supper).  But he does go eat hay.  Hopefully he gets the idea and keeps eating hay.  I'll be haltering the two today again for the severe storms that are going to roll through just so they're tagged again as well.  I'm definitely going to look into getting Heidi micro-chipped in the coming year.
     Now just to survive this one last night for 5 days off and I'll be GOLDEN.  I'll have horse back riding, a bunny show and slightly cooler temperatures to play in!  

No comments:

Post a Comment