Sunday, April 28, 2013

A few more challenges

Well a few things are starting to challenge me and I'm rising up to meet them.  It's been really wet, too wet to ride, but I'm still shedding the ponies off.  Phoenix is looking better and better.
 
 
So I have my two little tort does I got from Open Fields Farm and one of them has been doing great!  Took the dewormer in stride, but her little sister- the one I call Pipsqueak, has not.  She's still not really growing and now she has vents disease.  Not sure where it came from but anyone that she's had contact with has to be watched or treated.  It's treatable but I just wish I had caught it sooner.  I shall start treatments tomorrow. 
The Vents disease usually starts in the vent area- which is where I normally catch it, but I haven't been bothering with her much trying to help her get her legs back under her and grow.  But this time I didn't catch it and you can see it's all the way around her mouth as well.  Hopefully I can get her healed up and get her weight back up and get her to grow. 
 I separated Legacy's two babies into their own cages today, here's the girl wandering around her new cage.  She's Kylie's bunny.
 And the boy, he's not quite as happy to be alone. 
 And good news!  Keisha looks pregnant and these are Syd babies!  This is the last litter Syd was able to sire and hopefully she will raise them and she's not too old for it!  This will be her last litter and since she has served me so well for years, she'll stay here with me for retirement. 
She's due May 2nd.  Not soon enough though!  I am anxious to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment