Monday, April 22, 2013

Depressing update

      Well I had everything moving in the correct direction, apparently someone/thing has other plans.  I had the rabbits settling in and I was just starting to see the strength and weakness' that I was improving upon and I had a possum get in and kill 7 rabbits.  RIP: Syd, Rafik, Dalton, Leo, Rebecca, Rachel and Zoey.  That ended my Syd bloodlines, and I lost Dalton and Rachel's father's lines, and Zoey's two separate lines.  Zoey's I'm not as concerned about, I can buy back Rachel's brother if I really wanted to, or wait until Rachel's sister Eartha has kits and get a baby from that.  Not an issue but Syd's?  That's going to be VERY hard and rough to do.  I've got some feelers out to get something of his, tort wise, back.  Syd's mother Neena was the only child out of Kitty.  So with any hope I can find Dawn. I'm to a point where I'd trade Legacy for Dawn.  Legacy doesn't mean anything near what Neena's bloodline does to me.  Legacy's not even a broken orange/fawn like Blaze was. So any of my bunny peeps that actually read this, if you happen to have a Syd sister, or a tort offspring of Syd's I will trade a Holland lop doe-Legacy- for her or even Grace when she weans her litter off. 
     I borrowed some traps- live traps- and I caught a cat in it yesterday.  I highly doubt this little cat could have done the damage that was done in the barn, but the cat is no longer with us.  I shot it through the cage wire and discarded it, re-baited the trap and set them out again.  I will catch all these stupid strays and that possum for doing what it did to me.  Those 3 hit me the hardest and are still haunting me to this day. 
     As for horsie updates: Heidi is horribly terrified of the lawn mower.  It's a dangerous fear for her in the summer. She worked herself into a terrible sweat while dad was spot mowing the pasture to knock some of the tall stuff down last night. So I'm hopeful that with no mowing Wednesday or Thursday that I'll be able to get a good ride in on her.   Phoenix is looking VERY good now. I'll have to take and post some pictures.  He's still very hairy but that'll eventually pass and he'll be shed down nicely.
     I'm still on the job hunt market, I need something better than Nestle, something that doesn't drain me so much.  I need more time on work days for the animals. I wish at times that I could just win the lotto and pick up a lesser paying job that doesn't work me to death.  Time for work!

No comments:

Post a Comment