Sunday, April 7, 2013

Happy Days

     Today was a very happy day, I knew Phoenix wasn't eating anything, his weight has been steadily dropping.  I knew I had to find some hay that he WOULD eat.  I'm glad I finally did, well actually it was dad and Aunt Lisa that found it. I had assumed by the wind and the passing clouds that it would actually rain today- but we kept up the high gusting winds, so I got a SHIT ton of inside spring cleaning done today instead!  Got all my blankets washed, and MOST of them bagged for the summer.  I've kept 2 of my afghans, 1 quilt and my comforter still out.  I had window's open all day- fans blowing part of the day to cool off. 
     The whole week I had off was great, I didn't get as much riding in as I wanted to but it did give me a chance to pick and work through my rabbits- give me a game plan there!  I'm going to add 2 or 3 more rabbits total, and then build from my own stock from there.  1 tort buck, 1 or 2 tort does so long as they are all completely unrelated to each other. 


Well as for my babies, this one still needs a name, still working on it with her, she's a Becky x Leo baby.
And Jeanie looks really good!
And Marcie taking a nap after running around in the X-pen.  She looks very funny sleeping on her side. 
And here's the shots of the hay, and also where I shaved Heidi's beard off
     It'll be depressing going back to work, as I tried job searching and NOTHING came up.  That was the biggest blow for the week.  I'll keep trying, and keep searching as something's gotta give.  I plan to move Heidi to some kind of boarding situation in the fall for at least the winter.  After that I'm not completely sure what I'm going to do. 
     I've actually had thoughts of hauling Phoenix all the way to Boonesboro to get his teeth floated if they can do a good enough job.  I'm sure it'll be a HUGE help for him.  If they do a good enough job I'll have to eventually haul Heidi in to get her own done, plus get her wolf teeth taken out! 
     Heidi's in another growth spurt I think too, the Large horse stuff I have for her-doesn't fit anymore.  So I'll have to order a draft horse halter, custom made so it's not a wide strap and it's purple which is what I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment