Friday, August 22, 2014

Smile and Carry on!


     Today was probably the best day I've ever had at Boonesboro.  I most certainly got a good upper body work out today.  I was the only Kennel person so going and getting the spay and neuters was interesting.  Usually Shelby and I team up and use the stretcher to carry them.  But no Shelby this weekend.  So we had two Golden Retrievers coming in for Neuters, 60 & 62 pound brothers.  I ended up carrying them back to their kennel to wake up.  One at a time. They get a little bit heavy like that.  Good thing I could do it, there wasn't anyone available to help, too many walk in's and Kari can't lift something that heavy.  So I just did it.  I really enjoyed, it kept me moving a LOT today.  Keeping up with the Kennel, keeping up with moving the surgery dogs and keeping up the laundry as well.  Thankfully several boarded cats went home today, and one board dog goes home tomorrow morning.  That makes Sunday easy for me.  
     Hopefully Sunday afternoon will be decent enough to get on Heidi for a ride.  I brought her home almost a month ago and I've yet to do anything with her.  I finally got her girth the other day and I tried it on.  Fits nicely, I can't wait to get in the saddle now!  
     Well tomorrow is a half day, the kennel part should run smooth as silk now.  With so few, and there shouldn't be any surgeries coming in.  Be a good chance to get out into the rooms and learn.    

No comments:

Post a Comment