Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Decisions to be made

     Well I got 'Hazed' today by Patrick none the less.  Jeff, Diane and Rex all had a great time laughing at me.  Patrick asked me to hold the little mutt pups for tails and declaws (okay Schnauzer Poodle cross- Scnoodles I guess.) and no one mentioned to wear gloves, I figured I'd just hold them like Patrick told me to.  So we get done with the 4 puppies and Patrick just casually says ' by the way, that stuff is Silver Nitrate and it'll leave brown marks on your skin.'  So I went to the sink and attempted to scrub my hands, then he comes over and retorts, 'and the water speeds up the browning process'.  Diane and Jeff looked at each other, then me and Diane says, "you were hazed'.  I keep picking at the brown spots hoping they'll come off.  It was a humorous day.  Later Rex had me and Shelby helping him catch some feral cats out of their crates to be euthanized and I got the Siamese and as I got the net over the cat(who was hissing, growling and would lunge at us if it hadn't been netted) and Shelby squeaked.  We called her squeaky the rest of the day.  
     The only thing that's hurting me right now is the lower pay.  It's not sitting to where I can get an apartment.  I'm going to, once I get Microsoft office back, set up my budget and see what I got going where.  Then I'll see what's left over after that. and I'll start planning it.  I have to figure out a way to get a small apartment or even a studio, and get Heidi moved that direction.  If I made enough, Brent Francis' place would be ideal, then having to get Heidi someplace after that.  Dad had mentioned maybe talking to Aunt Lisa about using a bottom pasture for Heidi and putting her there, but I don't want to do that to Lisa.  I know how much she liked Heidi- maybe not so much since Heidi broke her.  I have to call my 401k and my Pension companies.  Get the 401k rolled over into an IRA and I'm going to cash out the Pension gives me a few thousand to work with to clear my credit card and to buy a small car to run to and from work.  The trucks 16.5 mpg is hurting on a roughly 70 mile round trip to work.  
     Looks like, at this moment in time, that I'll be keeping Heidi at home for the winter.  It means buying hay and bringing that in, getting a new water tank heater and a cord as well since mine is fried.  I hope soon I'll make enough money again to move Heidi back to a boarding barn, but Shelby and I both had the same idea, we both want to go back to school and get our Vet Tech's.  Hopefully make more money again.  I mentioned it to Rex when the two of us were waiting on the cats to go to sleep.  It's hard for me to cut my pay almost in half when I actually put thought into it. 
     I'm also going to go ahead and stop at the Mt Sterling vet office.  I found a message on the machine from them that no one had told me about and if they'll pay equal or more than Boonesboro I may move over to there.  I LOVE Boonesboro but it's just too far.  Shelby's half the distance that I am but for her Boonesboro is still closer.  It'll be better come winter for driving.  Plus I won't have to get up anywhere near as early as I do now. Of coarse the long drive right now makes it easy to be able to eat something before I get to work.  Take my pill by 5:40 and I'm usually getting off the interstate around 6:40 and eat my breakfast going up Bypass.  Well it's sleep time.  I haven't slept too good the last few nights.  Part of it's a sinus infection brewing.  I'm still working on draining out my sinus' from the years of working at Nestle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment