Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My world update

     I have a small world update.  I had 3 litters in the nestbox- Connie, Natalie and Della.  Della's were born the 22nd, and they froze last night with the harsh cold snap.  Natalie and Connie's are still fine thank god!  I only stuck my hand in Connie's box and felt them moving, Natalie's I took out and physically checked them over but their eyes are open and they're fully furred.  




     The only real one in that litter that I'm watching is the steel.  The black's not bad, I'll admit that but I don't want to fall in love with yet another black.  I'm not aiming to hold blacks in the barn.  I'm still thinking of adding one more steel doe besides Natalie's daughter.  I've been eyeing a Mel x Anna daughter of Catherine's.  
     Monday I went up to see Heidi and we went for a ride, it was actually really fun and just a great afternoon in general.  I rode, put her in a stall to eat messed with her for a while before I finally broke down and let her back out.  I pulled Misty back in and finished combing out her mane.  





     I am hoping to go back over and see Heidi tomorrow, just sit with her for some time even if it's in a stall.  I want her to be safe in a stall and I'd rather sit in there with her for a while.  Just let me talk things through and talk, about anything really.  I might not mess with Misty for a little while, just let my jealous mare settle back down.  I kind of can't wait to see her again, just talk to Heidi, tell her what I'm thinking and see what she thinks about things.  Getting a new job, hopefully, me not seeing her as often as I should and just some more personal things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment