Thursday, December 12, 2013

Good day

     I missed out on the Florida trip, sadly, due to having to work.  As much as I would have loved to have been there, meet Dustin and see him play live, see Aunt Anne and Sarah preform at a big dog show- I meant to send my camera down with Lisa so she could get some good video and pictures.  In a way I'm glad I didn't, I got some video of me riding today since I was by myself.  I would like to see a dog show one day, I don't know if I could do it with a dog of my own but tempting thought.  
     I went out to the barn today, went and got Heidi but this time in her Rope halter.  I was going to try riding in just that, but I also brought her nylon bridle up to the barn(finally!) and I put that on over the rope halter and we rode with both on.  Rope halter was a fail, she really didn't know what I was asking her when we did that. But we had two cavaletti's in the arena that we did walk over a few times, and 3 ground poles.  The ground poles, the first time we walked between them since they were scary, second time walked right over them.  She does get her feet up, she's getting coordinated very well now.  The video function did work this time.  I got too cold too quick though, so afterwards we untacked and were talking to Sara as she brought Spencer in for some shots(the vet was on her way).  Then she made up some warm bran mash, which Heidi LOVED.  She's so spoiled!  I'll have to keep bringing up some alfalfa cubes and soaking them for her to munch on after our rides!  She'll enjoy the extra attention!  I'm hoping to get Sara up on her just to walk around the arena a little bit, she's not been on a horse since before I was born!  She'd love it, I know she would.  She worries about being a plus sized rider, but I am too and Heidi's more than physically capable of carrying our size, no problems.  Heidi's quiet enough that I can lock us in the outdoor and I can walk with her while she's up on Heidi.  Maybe on Sunday afternoon we can try it!  I mean Spencer's such an adorable old gelding!  She's actually his 3rd foster momma and she ended up adopting him to keep him comfortable.  She thinks about some day getting one that she can ride. If she can at least enjoy Heidi some and she'll be spoiling her too.  It doesn't bother her much, Heidi's a sweet heart and despite her size she is easy to work around.  Maybe next time we'll put her in with Spencer for a little while, I'll be watching closely cause sometimes Heidi doesn't know her size and I'm afraid of her hurting the poor old TB gelding.  
     Well out of 6 does that I had bred, 1 actually took, 2 may have but I didn't feel anything.  I'm going to give them some more time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment