Thursday, December 26, 2013

Guilt and Confusion

     Well, I broke down and listed my other saddle, Phoenix's, on Ebay.  Ebay had sent me an offer to list items for free, so no charges there.  Right after I had gotten done listing it, Aunt Lisa was contemplating my extra saddle for the standardbred as she wasn't sure her's would fit it.  The fit would really depend on how wide the standardbred was, at least for fit for the horse!  Apparently there's a TON more to fit than meets the eye.  Though I don't think Aunt Lisa shouldn't have an issue fitting into the saddle as she's about the same height and everything else as I am, and my leg fits the saddle, whereas I know Amanda's got a Wintec Wide for Browyn adn she's too tall, her leg's too long to comfortably fit the saddle.  
     The extra bridle I have, Heidi's original one I bought from Kylie I still have- for a distinct reason as a just in case.  The draft bridle might finally fit Heidi now.  Before it was on it's tightest holes and it would barely fit Heidi- and Heidi's got a BIG head, so it may not have fit another draft horse if it's head is smaller.  The only thing we'll need is a smaller bit, all my bits are HUGE because Heidi needs bigger bits, but I know she's got a smaller bit- 5 or 5.5" I'm pretty sure.  It wouldn't be hard for me to get smaller bits once we found how small we needed.  I'm still crossing my fingers that it can work out.  Well it's got one week listed on Ebay and then it'll come off and if it doesn't sell by then I'll just hang onto the saddle and wait it out a little longer and see what comes up.  Same with my riser pad as Heidi sure doesn't need it, but a Standie might.  Luckily it's priced high, I'd really rather we keep it down here and I'd really LOVE to see it used as I've got plenty of money invested in it- it's fully functional and ready to go with a NICE set of stirrups-which I think she could REALLY use to help her ankles and knees.  
     Plus the Standie was raced so he's been under harness before so if we ever do venture into driving again he'll be ready to go, I just have to get Heidi trained to drive.  It's all exciting news to me, I can't wait to see what happens.  I'm hoping so long as I go up late enough tomorrow I can get a good ride in and then get Sara up on Heidi to let her walk around for a little while, then we can let Heidi and Spencer into the arena together and see what they do together.  I'll be bringing my big camera and the tripod.  
     I also got a fun, nice chat in with Mark again.  Been too long since I got to chat with him.  One of these days I'll get around to calling him again.  I have to make sure his phone number is in my phone.  He got me going back at my photography, so I spent a good part of the afternoon messing with my camera and learned a few more things, without cracking the owner's manual out!  I'll be glad to get it out and play more with it again.  Maybe soon get out to Natural Bridge and to Red River Gorge.  
     Well tomorrow should be good, pay day, get some bills paid or caught up, gas in the truck so I can go see Heidi, Go up and go for a ride, play etc.  

No comments:

Post a Comment