Thursday, November 28, 2013

Feel bad

I came across this ad on Craigslist:

'FREE fixer upper filly, weanling!(Cynthiana)'
Super cute filly for FREE!
She is newly weaned and ready for some attention.
Fixer upper is due to a nasty dog wound on her right front pastern. It was infected and somewhat "fused" by the time I returned home from working out of state. We have cleaned and done her tetanus and antibiotic rounds as we should. It has healed for the most part but can not guarantee that she will ever be truly sound . She puts weight in it now but us a long way off from trotting about freely.
It has also caused her shoulder to bow and displace from carrying the extra weight while lame. May never fully rectify that.
She is FREE to someone wanting a project critter or companion animal.
Is haltered but expects a shot when caught at this point.
Her mother is a purebred Halflinger whom is a great harness pony.
Papa is a TWH.
Oops!
She is a dark bay with a white star on her forehead.
If ya want her, call me please!
Otherwise she can stay here but it would be great to see her get some TLC instead of being out with the cows :)
858-588-6747
No texting please.'

     It makes me sad to see something like this and knowing just some time and care she could come around to such a cute little pony.  I'd love to bring her here for the winter, keep her by herself for the winter and just work on her.  I'd keep her as a companion for Heidi.  She can be ponied along on a trail ride.  That or if she came back around, I could break her out to the best of my abilities and find her a good solid home.  She has Jasmine's markings and she'd make a good little project- while I don't need a second project-getting Heidi undersaddle should be a good enough project, I'd love to bring this little filly home, even if it had been a stud the same thing, bring him home and geld and wait it out.  I'm good at messaging, just keep that shoulder messaged.  *sigh* No trailer, and really not wanting to spend the gas money to drive up and get her.  I just don't feel in the mood to drive, it's only an hour but my truck's just not that comfortable to drive that far in.  I've taken that drive a few times in the truck and it is fully doable.  I am torn as to try for it or not to.  It'll eventually mean buying more hay and actually putting up the water tank and the heater-which I had hoped to get away from for this winter at least.  Maybe I can get a better job and afford to put both onto Pasture board, but this filly would still have to come here first and get all her shots.  Then add having to have daily handling to get her to flex and pick up her feet for trimming-which I'll have to do here.  That or maybe I'll talk to Michael about boarding her with him.  She'll be much shorter than Heidi. 
     I must stop dreaming, I should go and hope she has a good home and a good family that'll keep her and keep working on her.  Though in Kentucky that's far and few between.  I must have faith that someone will do right by this little filly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment