Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Musings

     I went today to go see how Heidi faired the last two days out in the big pasture.  She seems to have settled in quite well, not bits or welts on her at all, and no one appeared to be limping from a landing kick of hers.  She's a love bug and settled mid herd, she's not the bottom and certainly not the top.  I think the Palomino mare out there is top of the herd, she followed most of the way back to the gate.   
     She's been doing really well, I don't think she could hear me when I hollered for her.  She's still mentally settling in, I think.  While I do love it at Tamarack, I learned quite a bit from Sara today, The lady that does the training and the other that does the lessons have moved a couple months ago.  Well that's a stinker.  I know I love Tamarack but part of it's the hour drive each way, the outdoor arena-and soon the indoor arena are wonderful, but no trainer and no one to help or give me some kind of guidance makes me weary.  I will take her out again tomorrow and try to ride a little bit, if that fails miserably again then I'll just stop and put her back into her rope halter and make her work on respect again.  I'm hoping it's just needing to mentally grow up some more and get more adjusted to work. 


     She did really well about standing the barn isle in the crossties while I scrubbed her muddy fur-butt clean.  She's still filthy but she's cleaner now.  We hung around and talked to Spencer and Sara, while Sara gave Spencer(who was filthier than Heidi) a bath.  Tomorrow, if we can just get a decent little ride in she'll get a good bath and I'll braid her mane down for the winter.  Thankfully Tamarack has hot water so she can get a warm water bath. 
     The bunny front I have a ton of them listed for sale.  It's far past the time to cut back down and I'm ready and I've got quite a number of them listed for sale.  They just aren't a HUGE focus right now.  My biggest two focuses have been Heidi and getting a new and better job.  I still want to focus on some of my dutch but not as large a scale.  Still majorly my blue dutch, with a few tort, steel and Chinchilla's.    Time to scale back some of the torts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment