Sunday, November 17, 2013

Fun couple of days off.

     Well Saturday was a fun vacation day off.  I went to my first ever Specialty show.  There was a few rabbits that actually did good for me, good as I would have expected anyway!  There was a lot of higher ranking breeders there and I got to talk to a bunch of them.  I couldn't have been more happy with the turnout. 

     The two judges we had, Dave Hauser and Paul Jurgelonis.  I've showed against and under Paul in the past, it was a great time.  I learned quite a lot and was able to come home with my newly learned information and I went through the rest of my rabbits and looked to see who's staying and who's going.  I made a much better list based on good body type, hindquarters and temperaments.
 
My placing's:
Under Dave: Connie: 9 out of 9 black sr does Trinity: 3 out of 4 blue sr does Matilda: 9 out of 9 blue jr does Natalie: 5 out of 6 steel sr does Della: 2 out of 7 tort sr does Shelly: 4 out of 10 tort jr does

Under Paul: Connie: 7 out of 8 black sr does Trinity: 2 out of 3 blue sr does Matilda: 8 out of 9 blue jr does Natalie: 3 out of 6 steel sr does Della: 4 out of 6 tort sr does Shelly: 4 out of 8 tort jr does
 
     That earned Shelly's spot to stay in the barn, but Matilda is OUT. 
     Confirmation wise Matilda was not good in anyway shape or form.  As much as I hate getting rid of a blue Dutch- as blues are my favorites- I don't need to keep one that's not good in type.  I did come home with a really nice blue buck from Kristy Hume and a really cute tort buck from Al Gerhart.  Shelly did surprisingly well considering the competition she was up against.  I'm glad for it.  It tells me I was doing something right. 
     Then today, I was very happy and despite the rain I went over to Heidi.  I gave her some kisses and cookies and today she got to go out into the big pasture with some of the other pasture board mares, including Perry's few horses. 




 
     I can't wait for Wednesday to see how this goes for getting her out of the pasture, into the barn and I think I might just go back for some lunging.  She needs to relax some and we need to get the connection back.  At a few points today I almost wondered if she was even listening to me.  I think it's time to step back and I'm going to ask Perry if I can use that round pen that's inside the pasture since I don't want to take up the whole outdoor arena free lunging Heidi. 
     She settled and relaxed with the herd pretty well.  She ate a few cookies from me after the initial run and chase session. 

No comments:

Post a Comment