Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Wore out

     I am horribly wore out after this long weekend off from work.  In a way I'm glad, I need to get back to something more routine.  I might hate the idea of going back to Nestle and haven't heard anything back from the Resume I sent out Saturday for the Vet Assistant job, but I need some sort of routine.  It may take away too much time in the day for loving on my animals but it makes me think and prioritize everything and enjoy while I can.  I had 3 gorgeous days of riding. One rainy day and today I dozed off too much to do anything cause I was TIRED. 
     I did make one more mistake that I hadn't intended to- I got one more dutch doe.  I hadn't intended to get any more except for two bucks.  Well my current two blue bucks have made the cut list with the black buck, Lawrence.  I've hopefully got Marie bred to Lawrence, plus the Hope/Lawrence daughter that I'm going to go ahead and keep.  Here's my new blue doe . . .
     So I have her, the chocolates and Hope's tort babies left to name.  I'll start working on them.  Hope's tort buck baby will be put up for sale.  I want to breed Lil Man back into my line before moving him off, though he does have slightly long shoulders.  That'll keep Raf's bloodlines alive and hopefully I'll get something good out of him.
     I didn't get to spend as much time with Heidi as I had wanted to today.  I had wanted to bathe her but I dozed off and woke just after sunset.  So with any hopes I'll get a good ride on Sunday afternoon(the morning I have to go to Ohio to Kirkland Rabbitry and pick up a pair of Chinchilla Dutch) and then give her a good bath.  I still have yet to get ahold of the vet, have to get her shots all done, get ahold of Tamarack and get her spot secured for the winter.  At least November through April she'll be there.  I'm hopeful to find a better job and everything before that comes and from there I'll work on keeping her there and moving her to full board.  She'd have her own stall with a fan during the heat of the day during the summer, oh she'd LOVE it! 
     Anyway, it's late enough I need to go to bed here shortly, so I can have some groom time in the morning to groom Heidi and spend some much needed lovings! 


No comments:

Post a Comment