Saturday, August 17, 2013

Awesome two days, Very horsie

Friday was the start of one AWESOME weekend.  I tacked up Heidi since she hasn't been out under saddle in a while and we got to try the new bridle with the flash on it to see if it improved her working.  It did!
 
 
 
 
We tested out the blue that day.  I'm going to try to take her out again on Sunday depending on the weather and what else is going on.  I have to drop the stirrups another hole if I ride tomorrow. 
 I was at the swap meet today and they had someone there making and engraving tags.  I bought two with the money I got from selling 2 buck babies. 
 The purple circular tag was for Heidi's Nylon bridle.  I want all of Heidi's stuff tagged when I move her to Tamarack this fall.  I have a black circular tag for her leather bridle.  A silver heart tag with pink rhinestones for her halter and a tiny pink tag for her lead rope.  
Just to keep the fun up and going I tacked up Phoenix today.  He doesn't have much mane left up on her shoulders.  I also used several pads to make sure he was comfortable with me up on him.  So we got to go in purple today!
 Amazingly enough Heidi's warm blood sized bridle from Kylie shrunk down enough to fit Phoenix.  No brow band or nose band but the rest actually fit him!
 I got dad to snap a few pictures right before I got down.  Phoenix I don't worry about riding while no one is home or in mom's case asleep. 
 
 
 He's a wonderful boy.  I'm going to hate letting him rest this fall.  He needs it so he doesn't suffer come later winter when he can't handle the cold anymore. 
Then before I finished completely for the night I put the matte spray coating on Jody(the dark bay) and Dakota(the dark bay paint mini) models that I painted a while ago.  Last thing I have to do is put the clear gloss coat on their eyes and hooves. 
I am still curious if Aunt Lisa wants to look at that draft mare that's been on Craigslist lately.  I'm ready to give the mare try for her to see if it's something that she could handle but I'm not sure she wants to go look at her or not.  I haven't had an interesting ride in a long time.  I've got plenty of tack to bring, plus bring Lisa's tack and we'll find something that fits the mare.  Who knows.  I'll wait and see if she wants to.  She can come ride with me anytime!  I'd really LOVE to have someone to ride with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment