Tuesday, April 22, 2014

So Many Choices!


     So many choices that I have now faced myself with and a lot of things came more clear to me over the weekend.  I've decided Bailey is GOING.  I seeded the field and she spent a vast majority of Saturday and Sunday loose in the backyard grazing, and when she goes back into the pasture, she still paces circles.  That was expensive dang grass seed she's destroying.  I know she needs a buddy but without a pasture I can't bring Heidi home yet.  
     Heidi is in fact coming home, just as soon as I can get my pasture to grow.  I can board her all winter, that's not an issue but summer time, at least until Perry gets some run ins for the pasture board done, she needs to come home. She's finally okay with being left in the stalls in the upper barn, though they're a bit too small for her, she's fine with it.  I had thought about going full board for a few months to get past the worst of the heat since he has no run in sheds and no shade in the big pasture for pasture horses.  Heidi's not good in the heat.  Maybe she's just playing me up, I don't know but I do know she's been already sweating when I pull her out of the pasture these last couple times and it's only been in the upper 70's.  Not good at all, doesn't give good feelings for this summer for my big girl.  I may have to actually go ahead and body shave her.  Her being black and white makes that even a pain.  White fly sheet and neck protector will keep her a tad cooler too.  Maybe if I see Jeff on Wednesday or Thursday I'll see if he's still looking to get rid of his little paint stud and if he'd geld him and then swap him for Bailey, I'll board the gelding with him for a month to allow my pasture to grow and then bring him here before Heidi gets here.  I'm thinking end of May she'll have to come home.  
     Going back to full boarding Heidi, Perry said he had one empty stall in the bottom barn so I walked her down there the other day with Rachel and it's the only stall in that barn without a window- it was so dark in there, she freaked out.  It was too dark in there for her. I don't blame her, even I got jittery in there because it was so dark.  So there won't be a need to even ask Allen if he could help me with the board while she's on full board.  
     I've looked and looked at the rabbits, over and over again and finally decided enough was enough.  Most of my torts I don't really care for, after losing that one tort last spring that was it for me.  Faith is the only one I really cared about so she's going to stay and I'm going to get one buck to breed her with from Carla (a Sassy Mou baby) and that'll be it for Torts.  Same with my blues.  I've let the blues get out of hand and they've gotten worse in body type so I'm just cutting most of them now.  I'll keep Marcie and Clover.  Eventually I'll have to find a buck for them but I'm seeing if the Alura x Harold buck settles down and quits being a pig headed male.   I'm keeping mainly my steels, a couple blacks, I might add a couple grays eventually and I'm keeping my Chins.  
     Well my doTerra came in.  Beginner's trio (Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint), the TriEase soft gels and the Slim 'n Sassy softgels.  I'll start the softgels this weekend so just in case my digestive track doesn't agree with me for it I'll be home.  Rolex weekend coming up, so I won't be home-home persay much but I'll definitely not be at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment