Monday, April 14, 2014

Heading into a good weekend



Last Sunday spiked hot so I used the day as a bath day.  Heidi got a good bath as did Bailey.  Heidi's bath was nice, the sun was still high and she had warm water.  Bailey's not quite so much, cold water the sun was disappearing.  








Its been a slow, easy as it goes, when it comes to work.  So far it's been so far easy and not too mentally provoking for me.  My stress has stayed low and I've quite happy with what I've been doing.   Saturday a fellow Co-worker gave me a heck of a scare.  Stanley, the one 'Old guy' that I miss working with, I heard he had a massive heart attack.  Stopped me dead in my tracks at work when Anita told me.  Not another of my buddies!  I've already lost Connie, can't lose Stanley as well.  I keep up with Richie on Facebook since he quit Nestle.  Just clips off his daughter's Facebook(Shaunna Patton):
"April 12-Update on my dad: They said if he hadn't gotten straight to the hospital, he wouldn't have made it. All valves are almost completely blocked. They opened one with a balloon to stabilize him. He'll be in CCU overnight & have open heart surgery in the morning. Please continue to pray."
"April 13-They're taking dad back for surgery now. They're doing quadruple bypass & replacing a valve. Supposed to take about 5 hours. We hear that his surgeon is one of the best & he came & had prayer with us. We've also consulted with the Great Physician, so we're confident that everything is going to be fine. Please continue to pray."
"April 13 later-Surgery is finished. Doc just came out & talked to us. When they opened him up they found that his heart was worse than they thought. It was extremely enlarged & barely beating. The faulty valve was leaking profusely. They did 5 bypasses & had to open the heart to repair the valve. Since they took him off bypass, his heart has improved by almost 100% and there is no leakage. Doc said there is a chance of stroke with this surgery but they won't know until he begins to wake up, but they don't suspect it. In most cases, they would begin to wake him up tomorrow but he is so sick that they probably won't wake him for a few days. He will be in the hospital for a couple of weeks. I want to say this...Everything they have told us has said there is no way he should be alive. He shouldn't have lived with heart failure for 3 weeks, he shouldn't have made it to the ER, he shouldn't have lived through surgery, and they can't account for his vast improvement since they finished the operation. I know it was all of your prayers moving the hand of God that has made it so I get to keep my daddy. Thank you all so much & please continue to pray. The next 24 hours are extremely critical."
"April 14-My dad is awake & breathing on his own & talking! Praise Jesus!  Dad is doing so great! Giving everyone a hard time about wanting to go back to work! Lol. They're getting him up in six hours to walk around a little. The doctor is amazed, but we know it's the work of our Lord!"
Thank God he's alright.  He's 62 years old.  A vast majority of us that I've talked to don't think Stanley's going to make it back to Nestle any time soon, but so long as he's still alive that's all that matters.  
Next weekend is Easter.  I can't wait for the extra time off from work, it'll be relaxing, I can spend more time out and about, I do have to do some work on my rabbit cages this time around though, so I won't be able to kill *that* much time over in Winchester.  But I'm hoping that I can get up early enough to cut and spray paint some floor wires then head over to the barn, then stop by Aunt Lisa's to visit (I know Uncle Jim will be working so I can't bother him)!  So much stuff that I want to get done this weekend, lets see what I *can* get done.   
I'm hoping with Rachel and maybe Allen's help I can get everything done.  I don't have much time but what time I do have will be well spent I hope!  
I've pulled another sinus inflammation and it has my allergies down to 3 different things: Horse Hair, Rabbit Hair and/or grass(including Hay).  The diffuser has been helping a LOT and I use the flonase to pull the inflammation down to make sleeping a bit easier.  I'm thinking of trying a few of the other allergy type stuff from do Terra I want to talk to Aunt Cathryn first(Plus give me a little time to build up some money, as I want to try something else as well).  



No comments:

Post a Comment