Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Catch up post


    Well Friday was the first day of my 5 day weekend.  It was super duper windy so all I did was go catch Heidi and put her in the crossties with the wind blowing on her face and brushed her clean!  Lots to brush clean at that point!  I shed a TON of hair off her, then I closed the doors to keep the wind out and I pulled her mane shorter and more even.  It really does look good now.  Then let her eat and put her back out, I still had a LOT to do to get ready for the rabbit show on Saturday.  After picking up my uncle's car, a Kia Rio, I got it home, and got the tarp laid out, then got all my carriers set up and ready for the next morning.  Came in, made sure I had all my pedigrees for rabbits going and printed up my control sheet for entry and packed everything up.  I went to bed a bit early, but not too bad.   The rabbit show wasn't bad.  I learned a lot, even if I was a basic flop and class filler.  Natalie did take a Best of Variety in show B.  My two chins were the hot commodity apparently!  My chin boy got plenty of work out with new girlfriends at the show.  I think he enjoyed that!  
     Then Sunday I was up riding Heidi.  The super star mare.  She's been awesome about having stuff thrown at her and she digs in and works harder.  She was certainly wore out after that!  I had intended to ride for half hour maybe 40 minutes so I could get back to meet Jess at Aunt Lisa's to pick up my wallet.  Long story short, I had dad's truck with me.  No nothing wrong with mine we just had to pick up grandma's car so dad can start working on it. Well I blew that timing out of the water.  We rode for over an hour, with Molly and her friend on Ben and Rooster.  Sandy took pictures for us, I always try to bring my camera and tripod(though the tripod was in MY truck).  So hopefully today can be as good as Sunday's ride.  Even if it's not, I can always learn new things anyway.










No comments:

Post a Comment