Sunday, September 29, 2013

Randomness of my world

     A total bit of randomness that has been going on here.  I've decided to cut back to 24 rabbits.  Total.  I'll have 6 torts, 6 blues, 3 steels(Connie being counted as a steel despite she's black), 3 chocolates, 3 Chinchillas, the 2 Holland lop bucks and Keisha(who is a steel but retired) as my show/pet rabbits.  It does bother me to a point that several juniors that I kept for one reason or another will be sold on as they don't fit in the scheme of things. 
Torts: Dylan, Corbin, Della, Hope, Faith, Jeanie's daughter
Blues: Michelangelo, Marcie, Matilda, Zelda, Alura-leaving me room to get a new blue buck.
Steels: Natalie and Connie- leaving room for a Mel/Anna buck to come in for them
Chinchillas: Eliot, Belle and Ora.
Chocolates will be breeding on what I have and keeping offspring, As soon as Count drops his testicles I'll be breeding him with Marie and Terra and keeping chocolate babies out of them, then Frisky I don't know what to do about her right now.  Breed her and move her to try and fill out the pedigree as she wasn't fully pedigreed.  But she would have to wait until later on to be bred by Count and I don't intend to let him hang around THAT long.  He should be dropping his testicles here shortly. 
Then my literal pet bunch: Gabriel, Speedle and Keisha. 

     This leaves me a LOT of bunnies to sell on, a few that I don't really want to but I will if I have to, to keep control of my numbers.  It'll certainly be a lot few cages to clean over the winter!  I still have to borrow Aunt Lisa's pressure washer and clean these cages thoroughly(and hopefully not break any of the rusted wire) and then spray paint them so they are cleaner on the paws. 

     Now down to the horses. I'm not sure what is going on, Heidi's been ugly to Honey and it's been longer than a horses heat cycle so it's not her being in heat.  I'm going to pull the two of them(Heidi and Phoenix) to my side for today and put out a bale of hay for them to eat and see if that helps with riding Heidi later on.  Also going to try to loosen up the flash so she can chomp and chew on that bit all she wants.  I did get my new stirrup leather's on my saddle but USPS f-ed up so I didn't get my stirrups.  So I'll have to wait to try my new stirrups out, still riding in the normal 5".  Heidi had no desire to be away from Phoenix yesterday so even trying to get her to graze was a cruel joke.  I don't know what's going on.  I really wish I could find the AniHist but it's not available without a prescription.  The  CoughFree I had gotten for her she doesn't like, I might try it again with a few other things to hide the taste for her but I don't know if it'll work or not.  Worth a try at least.  Hopefully next year they'll get the AniHist back out on the market again. 
     Tamarack has their ad up on CL for Full/Stall board at $450 a month, oh how I wish I could do that, but I know what happens in November and December at Nestle, we stay half the month on unemployment or they screw us out of hours so we can't get unemployment.  I don't think I could afford $450 a month on unemployment and keep my other bills paid. Maybe if he still has stall room come January I can afford it and move her up to it.  Right now is to get her there and get her working again.  I did take her out for a ride yesterday, mom was napping and we rode all the way over to Alfie's into the Hay field and watched the men working on the church for a few minutes then rode back.  Maybe I can put the boots back on Phoenix and we'll take him with us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment