Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fun Bareback day!

     I'm quite sure everyone's probably getting tired of my updates on Heidi.  At least I'll admit she does tell me in the most gentlest of ways that something's bothering her.  She's been ill behaved under saddle for a few days/weeks.  This way I know something bugging her.  She's normally very good about standing at the mounting block and she hasn't been, I'm usually lucky to get away with just moving the block twice before actually getting up.  So today after the usual fight with her, I got down before I got tossed down.  She hasn't ever tried to dump me but I'm not going to push my luck.  So I ripped the saddle off, and tried a little bareback instead, just to see if the saddle was the problem. 
It appears as if it was.
     Stood like an angel at the mounting block- for which I was SUPER happy.  I don't think I could have ever done anything like that if she had been fidgeting!  Stood stock still for me to swing my leg over and sit back up.  Then we rode around, she was way more relaxed.  I think I'm going to bring the gullet bar back up to the 4x. 




     So maybe the 4x gullet will help.   I've made the choice and I'm moving ahead with the sale of several of my rabbits.  While I worry about them going to bad homes I know I can't keep them all, I really want to focus on Heidi much more.  Now that I think I know what's going on I really want to make sure this works through! 

No comments:

Post a Comment