Monday, March 30, 2015

Living Life!

     Well I have to admit, now that I have funny way to go about things, A lot of things have finally gone away.  I feel so much better now that Amber is at the bottom.  Amber is alpha enough that Fortune has been put in her place.  I think Amber is one of the top mares in the field and she really doesn't like sharing me with Heidi.  But I kept telling her that she only has to share me with Heidi.  The two girls are good together, no squealing they were touching noses today.  I brought both girls in the barn at the same time.  Put Amber in the first set of crossties, Heidi in the second set.  I groomed Amber down, took a couple cleaned up pictures, tried to shave her halter path I had the clippers set funny.  I turned her out again because Neville's owner had shown up so I went ahead and got Amber out so she had a set of crossties to use.  Then while she worked on Neville, I got to work on cleaning Heidi up.  Heidi was way more of a fluffball than Amber was.  Then I finally got Heidi back out to her field and Amber was still waiting. So I gave them each a couple more peppermints and snuggled with them.  Amber wouldn't let any of the other mares near me except Heidi.  She kinda knew Heidi was part of the family.  
     I got Ayden in for his yearly shots and one last thyroid test. I figure yearly I'll do his thyroid.  Got him 6 months of Nexgaurd and he's already got heartgaurd  for over a year.  Good thing  too I can't get him going in the right direction weight wise but he's well behaved for me.  I need to do some more training work with Willow, Wednesday is a day off, and I will do morning training, even if I have to work hard in the backyard with her.  Afternoon is pony pedicure time. 
     I have to admit, having the drama calming down at the barn has made things much easier. I'm still a little too cold to people and it really makes me wish I didn't make friends like I had with Sandy.   Maybe it's time to do a big check of all my friends and then learn who my real friends are  and just take it slow again. 
     Well I am so tired, and wearing down for the night.  I'll try to either post a new post tomorrow or add to this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment