Monday, March 23, 2015

Deep Breath

     Today has been a pretty good afternoon but as the day went on it turned uglier and uglier.  Maybe it was because I was at the barn early and shit has really been rough over there.  It's been getting worse for me with Sandy ever since I mentioned Amber was coming down.  It's just been a cluster fu*k there and she's been fighting with Juan and today I could HEAR Sandy screaming at Perry while I was putting my tack back into my car to take it back down to the bottom barn.  I talked to Juan for a little bit at the bottom as I was unloading my tack and forwarned him Perry was probably not in a good mood.  Juan went on to tell me that it was normal.  Sandy wants everyone to go through her and she wants things done her way- at least that's what it seems like.  The way she jumped on me when I told her about Amber just made me incredibly hesitant to deal with her anymore and I've told Perry and Juan about it.  I also flat out told Perry today that when it comes to paying Amber's board, when I get the check from Kylie I'll turn around and give it straight to Perry.  I'm not dealing with Sandy as a middle person, not when it comes to Amber.  
     Heidi was awesome today, been a touch over a week since I rode her last and we tacked up right after she ate breakfast.  It was her last time riding in that bridle.  I have to go back to the nylon one or Lisa's bridle. Eventually I do have to get her a good bridle.  After about hour and a half in her saddle I stopped, no coughing so the Spirulina wafers seem to be doing the trick.  
     Amber was still a bit edgy, I know I should give her a couple more days to settle in and I might get Shana to give her a schooling session first before I get up on her.  The rest of this week will be lunging anyway until she finally moves down to the bottom barn and then Michael will get her feet trimmed up and she'll be good to go!  
     Willow has been an absolute doll today.  She still loathes me leaving and just waits for me to get back.  I'm hoping now we will be on top of training and we'll be ready for that May dog show.  Sunday was bust due to Amber coming in, today was a bust because I had to go the other way to pick up a load of mulch for dad so one day during the week we'll hit Lowes during lunch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment