Saturday, March 7, 2015

Inner voices

     I have had several options presented to me but my inner brain is still telling me no.  I need a job that pays better but gives me the same amount of hours so I still have time to ride the horses and work with Willow.  I've gone ahead with a lot, I've got a lot of things going on in my life right now and with the weather finally improving, I have a TON more that I want to do.  
     I'll start with the worse subject- the rabbits.  I've got a few that I still need to get rid of and out of the five does I bred, I palpated three and only one of them was positively pregnant.  The other two were negative palpation so if there's only one or two babies in there I'll figure it out then.  I'm doubting either Connie or Natalie took to their breedings I think they have cysts right now so either treat them or give it up.  Raven and Chloe I didn't check as they aren't due for another 11 days.  I have been trying to wait until a week left of gestation to check them.  I seem to be better at it then.  I haven't been that good at palpating for a long time.  Chloe is the unknown doe.  I don't even think I'm going to try palpating her she's spazzy and very aggressive.  Her litter will be culled HARD on markings and then on body type once they get older.  Chloe doesn't have the best of body type.  Juliet palpated positive, so I'm hoping for at least one nice chin baby in her litter.  
     Willow ran and leaped to her heart's content today.  Thankfully no limping after a few bad landings and she just kept going.  She was phenomenal and she listened quite well, now to start that kind of working on the leash and we'll have the April show ready.  Thankfully the temps have gone up now during the day so I can finally start walking Willow on lunch break.  We should get a lot more work done that way now.  
     Now onto the horse front.  Kylie gave me an offer to pay half the board on Amber and bring her down early and I can ride her.  As much as I really, really want to, I know I cannot afford it.  I would love the chance to ride the big gorgeous mare again.  and my heart says go for it, my brain says whoa think logically.  Even half the costs of pasture board is an extra $125 that I can't afford right now.  Heck I don't know how I am going to afford Heidi come May yet either.  I'm contemplating a second job or actually starting to try and become a consultant and get out there advertising DoTERRA and see what I can do to get things going that way for me.  I finally got on Heidi again today, it's been close to two weeks I think, maybe a little over.  She was rearing to go.  She trotted most of the driveway until I made her walk since it's slick mud right now.  I'm going to go and do it again tomorrow and this time push and make her work in the arena.  During the week I'm planning so far on every other day-giving me opposite days to take care of the bunnies- to go and ride or work someone.  Mostly Heidi but I do want to start riding Mary and start getting Una working again.  Una needs to work before she founders since her weight is so high right now.  Eventually I want to get to where I can go ride every night after work, even if I have to bop between Mary, Una and Heidi.  Sunday's will be their day off as that's Willow's day for working.  
     Dreams and ambitions.  Everything comes with a price and I'm thinking that's where I am going to do a lot of thinking, planning and improvising as it comes and goes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment