Monday, September 29, 2014

Step sideways instead of forward or backwards

     I thought I had made the right choice taking Boonesboro, but I'm facing falling behind on all my bills or getting a new job or working two different jobs completely just for the extra money.  Without the dalmation work each week that cuts all my extra spending money out, I run across an emergency need for something, I'm done, screwed, toasted or however you want to put it.  Sad part is I'm finally starting to get someplace.  I've started drawing blood(cats at least for Combo tests) and learning a lot more.  Alas I cannot afford to stay working there.  The only down fall is living paycheck to paycheck and hoping I have enough to make it to the next paycheck with cat, horse and bunny food, gas and everything else.  It's just not right.  My only other choice is to get rid of all my animals and focus solely on work.  But that's no life, not for me.  I couldn't survive without Heidi and my bunnies.  I'm going to stop by a few other closer vet offices and see if they need someone and if they'll pay equal to better.  Ideally $12 an hour or up is what I need.   
     Surprisingly the bunny show was awesome. I forgot how fun shows were.  I don't get to enough of them.  I went ahead and put in for October 18th off, it's the fall Shepardsville show.  Hopefully Mary will give it to me off so I can go again.  Even if I only do the Shepardsville and Frankfurt shows each year that's better than nothing.  I've already set my heart on going to Nationals next year up in Ohio.  I doubt I'll have anything worth showing there but I want to go up and see it.  I want to keep some of my bunnies going.
     Heidi's been a savior for me.  She comes gives me my snuggles and if I stop paying attention to her to mess with Oscar, Bandit or Jeanie, she comes over and puts herself in front of me.   She's such a jealous mare.  I'm hoping to still be able to send her to a professional trainer for a month or two come spring.  I'm not sure yet how the moving her back to boarding is going to work this winter.  Just five months is a thousand dollars.  $200 a month.  I can spend less than a thousand and bring hay in and take care of her myself.  I don't know.  I'm still mulling over keeping her here by herself for less.
     Still quite a few days I am still longing for my own dog, and I still dream of the day I have an aussie (Like Gracie!) laying on my bed snoozing with me or chilling in the back yard together.  Right now I'm using Ayden as much as I can but I know Jess will never let him go again.  Either way.  I still have huge dreams and aspirations and MUCH to do before I can get a dog.  Most of all get established and get everything ironed out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment