Thursday, October 9, 2014

Wandering Alone

     Today has been actually quite a good day for me.  Blake has come home which I wasn't expecting.  I figured he was gone for a while due to his owner, Grayson, having to have medical tests done in Louisville.  I've never been so glad to see Blake again.  For a while I felt it had been a nuisance taking up my lunch break but he's been such a stress relief for me to have him to work with.  Maybe he's acting as my substitute for having my own dog.  He's such a smart dog, surprisingly.  It really  does surprise me and it's got to be in the genetics and the up bringing.  I started a lot of his work when he was barely 16 weeks old.  He's more than doubled in size and his manners are wonderful now.  
     I still want my own dog.  I have my hopes running high when Lisa told me about Jenny- the lady that runs Heartland Sheltie Rescue, might have a breeder going out and turning over all their mini aussies.  Lisa said she's already inquired to see if they have a Red Merle female.  She'd foster and see if me and pup work well together and I'd go forth and adopt.  I really do want my own.  I know I have to stick to mini's because of my future apartment living.  The sooner I can get out on my own the better it'll be.  Jess and I have had a few spats now.  Lots of it pertaining to Ayden really.  I feel that she's using my job to get Ayden his medical requirements cheaper than what she's willing to pay.  So I feel I can at least keep his face clean shaven to my desires.  Well, she got huffy with me for shaving his scruffy face the other day and I really wanted to shave down by his eye so I could take another look at it.  Well she wants to get huffy with me, she's on her own.  Ayden's her problem.  She's got two months worth of thyroid med, I'm going to pick up a 6 month HeartGuard tomorrow if I remember and that's all I am doing.  Especially if I get my own dog, she's really on her own.  
     I played with Heidi today.  Wasn't much but it was something.  I let her loose for an hour in the backyard for an hour to eat some grass.  I have to make the choice really quickly to either get hay in or move her back to Tamarack for the winter. Cost wise should be equal for 5 months so there's no saying.  I'll think about it some more at work tomorrow. 
     Mom went to a new podiatrist down here in KY.  She talked to him and explained to him my issues that I have with my foot and he told her the same thing both Poster's did in NY.  Can't fix it I'm too young.  But he at least explained the reasons why.  It would be fusing the bones together and I wouldn't be able to walk for at least 6 months to a year and I wouldn't walk the same and possibly without some kind of aid like a cane.  So I kept putting my mind through the math and I realized I've already gone 8 years with the pain, what's another 15 years?  I've more or less gotten use to it, and if I can hold myself until 45 years old, then I could just retire Heidi to pasture puff as she would be 23  by then.  But I will have to have my left knee checked out sooner.  It's as badly painful as my right foot.  This I did between a combo of Nestle and coming off Drifter.  Smacking knee first into the ground was probably not the bestest of idea's.  What's done is done now to get it all squared away.  
     Work had some interesting turns but I'm going to try and corner Diane and talk to her, wait, she's off tomorrow.Well I'll shoot to get to her sometime and really talk to her again.  I can draw blood (Did a couple cats that Diane couldn't get) I wrap packs, I'm pretty unflappable to what comes my way, so hopefully it helps to secure me a small pay raise at least.  I'm ready for it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment