Monday, July 29, 2013

Sundays vacation!










Okay, this is not even a FRACTION of the pictures that were taken on Sunday(at least with Amber).  It was fantastic, I don't know if its being with Kylie or being back in NY or BOTH.  I was tense for a little bit on Amber, but I started to relax as Kylie kept talking to me.  I finally worked my way up to trotting on Amber.  I haven't trotted in AGES, as in before I left NY.  I could even post on Amber's trot it was nice and smooth.  Then to calm my joints, and check see how my ankles felt compared to my regular irons and Kylie's flexi-stirrups(which was a HUGE PLUS- I'll be getting some of them for my saddles).  Then I walked the ring a couple times and then sitting trot her stirrupless.  Amber really was a REAL BIG SUPERSTAR to tolerate this weirdo on her back, who she'd never met and isn't as good a rider as she needs to be.  It felt awesome to come and smell a horse again too, I'd been away form them for far too long. 

Sunday now as I'm settled into a hotel room that Allen got for mom and I to sleep in we saw a rainbow outside the window.  It's a good omen I think.  Tomorrow is the LONG drive home.  Thankfully it'll be shorter coming from here than it would be from East Greenbush or Argyle.  Should be about 11-12 hours.   

No comments:

Post a Comment