Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Jumbled Rabbit mess

     Well I've had a few very hot days to do a lot of much needed thinking.  I've got a couple of Della's babies that I'm watching, I'm on schedule to pick up the 'new' tort buck which is Jeanie's half brother and that pretty well solidifies my torts.  I've got the base I need now to rebuild my torts.  A couple of Hope's babies look OKAY and those are by Lawrence.  Lawrence will hang around long enough to breed a couple of the chocolate does when they get here and out he goes-I've got a few folks that want to try dutch meat.  Lawrence will be the first to go.  I'm supposed to be picking up a pair/trio of Chocolates while I am northward so that'll be the first foray into chocolates.  Hopefully it does well.  Terra will be rebred for chocolates at that time to whatever Chocolate buck I pick up and the two does bred to Lawrence before he goes. 
     I kept thinking, looking around the barn and telling myself, 'what am I doing?' I don't know anymore.  I want to keep raising my blues and torts, and something in me wants to raise the chocolates now.  Maybe it's a solid color thing, I don't know.  The steels just don't hold the appeal to me that they used to. The Chin's always have and always will probably, but I'm keeping just the pair of them.  Being not a recognized color and so hard to find it's not always easy to want to keep going on them.  But for now I'm going to keep my pair, I love Belle and Eliot to death, I love the Chinchilla color.  I think I'll just add a Mel x Anna buck baby as their mate and with Connie and Natalie and that'll be all the steels I have.  A full trio.  2 steels with one black- steel carrier.    I have one more blue doe baby coming in, It's out of a Raf x Anna black daughter and Timon- a black buck that carries steel and blue. 
     The worst part of today is going back to work.  I've been off for 6 days.  If I think 6 days is bad, wait until the next 5 day weekend- that'll be 7 days off for my trip back to NY.  It's been too long waiting to go 'home' and I've needed to do this for a while.  So right now I'm going, car is reserved and I've got some plans already cemented, a few others not so much for cemented yet.  The second worse was taking my weight.  Oh my gosh.  I've been trying to stay under 255 for a while, 258 . . . I hate long weekends I have to do something to eat better or something.  Maybe it is time to join a gym, where I'll find time to do this I don't know, but I've got to try something!  That's 5 pounds in 2 weeks.    Something's got to give.  The steady sinus pressure has been killer enough, I don't need to add the extra weight to it too.  Anyway.  I've got a few things that I'm going to try this weekend and we shall see how that goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment