Sunday, April 5, 2015

Worlds of change

     The worlds of change have been going on here.  I've been working with Amber for a week now.  I should have done more work or something as Amber doesn't really like me.  I still love her, she's super well built, she's got gorgeous markings but alas her mentality and attitude is a lot different than what I remember.  She's seriously top mare in the field, so much so that now the Pasture board mares are not allowed grain anymore.  Amber's too pushy.  So today I figured I'd tack up and just walk Amber around the arena.  Amber refused to let me come anywhere near her when I had a halter, just being a stubborn mare, and Heidi came up to me instead so I brought her in and tacked her up.  We took a good walk up and around and her coughing is back being off the grain and off her Spirulina wafers.  So every night after work I will have to grab her and give her a handful of grain and her wafers.  I just don't know what to really do anymore.  I'm hoping after work tomorrow will not be terribly rainy and I can grab Amber and take her into the barn and clean her up best I can and then I'll tack her up and keep her in a rope halter and go up to the indoor.  I'll work on the rope halter until she's ready and then I'll get up if I'm not terribly soaked and we're working some.  If it's pouring I will just grab Heidi and give her, her supplements.  Eventually, assuming Amber is able to stay with me, I want to get both girls on the Garlic so I don't have to worry about flies in the summer, or just Heidi if Amber ends up not working out for me.  I now have all that remorse and regret building up.  I think I just can not give her the attention she's craving.  I don't know yet.  Not giving up just yet unless she does prove to be too much horse for me.  
     I have been hesitant to photo and openly list all my rabbits for sale. I really need to but I haven't gotten that far yet.  I really need to though.  I'll be keeping 4 rabbits.  No bucks at this point at all.  I'm keeping Connie, Natalie, Raven, and a Chin.  In theory I should keep Raven's gray daughter so I will have 4 of different colors, but Raven's been with me for too long now. So just a black, a chin and 2 steels.
     I never did get a hold of Lisa today for a dog training session.  I will do what I can to do some training with Willow at the clinic this week.  I might even go over to Lowes during lunch, if I wasn't too afraid of not getting back in time.  It's okay, I will keep at it, heeling is our sore spot still and I think, just maybe, I can work on that in the cattle area if it's raining, if not we'll be out walking back behind the Giovanni's and back into that little housing area.  

No comments:

Post a Comment