Sunday, April 12, 2015

Whirlwind weekend

     It has been a seriously thrilling weekend.  Friday I finally got up on Amber.  It was fantastic.  The saddle wasn't worth a nickle and really hurt my butt and back too.   That's what I get for a $30 cheap saddle.  So for now I can lunge Amber in it until I can actually afford a new (or new to me) saddle that will fit Amber.  Shana told me she was teach me how to properly lunge her to help build muscle and stamina back up.  I can also build and work Heidi the same way to start building stamina.  
     So Saturday I stayed home and cleaned my car, Allen changed the oil and the fuel filter.  It was a good thing.  I actually spent a little more time with Allen this time around than I have in the past.  I did the rabbits once and I know for dang sure I need to get rid of them.  I'm going to keep 4 of them, total, that's it.  Chin baby I am keeping, Connie, Natalie and Raven I am keeping- that's all, that's it.  Even yesterday and today when I had the time to do something with them, I chose not to.  
     Willow was a barky growling mess and still is when I am in my room, but she went up to both Allen and Aunt Sheri to get petted.  She won't jump into their laps like she will mine.  
     For horses, today was a serious lesson with Heidi.  Shana was showing me how to teach Heidi to work on a lunge line to build up her stamina and to help her gain balance.  Then she wanted to see how my balance was.  Well let me just say that's a first for me.  My balance wasn't terrible but my leg position left a lot to be desired.  So I have a LOT to work on myself.  Heidi worked for almost a solid hour, she was sweating good. So I untacked and hosed her off, gave her, her spirulina wafers and then a few peppermints.  I let her nibble some grass and let her back out.  She was wore out.  Tomorrow I will do it again, but maybe not quite as long I don't want her to get sore or burned out.  
     I have done a TON of thinking and while I love Amber I think she and Lisa might get along pretty good too.  She's actually quite a nice mare, a bit dominant but she's a calm under saddle kinda mare.  I'll see if Lisa would like to try working with her on the ground, do some of the lunge work and see if maybe Amber is a good mare for her to work with.  It would make things easier for for me while I start working Heidi a lot harder.  But it's still a talk to Lisa and see what she thinks.  It means just signing a rider's release for the time being.  I'm going to try and save up for a saddle to fit Amber as it is.  I love Amber but I really want to focus on getting Heidi together.  Heidi, Amber and Shana have all given me hope to be able to show Heidi in the future. 
     Well I must go bid Allen and Aunt Sheri well and get Willow out to pee and get myself to bed.   I'm going to be short on sleep tomorrow but I can deal with that, especially since I have Tuesday off!  

No comments:

Post a Comment